Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 29.2

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

It didn’t take long for the venue to be filled with cars. She never thought this small theater will have so many audience members.

At 7:50, “The Martian” starts.

The opening starts with small suspense. A strong dust storm is raging on Mars. The mission crew is busy fleeing. Because of an accident, the male lead, Mark, is left stranded by his crew. When NASA announced to the world that he is dead, he climbed out of the sand with some life left in him.

“Matt Damon put on some weight.” Jiang Tiao supported her cheek and murmured.

Fu Ting Chuan asked, “You like him?”

“He’s okay. I’ve watched ‘The Bourne Identity.’ He is old now but how does it seem…..he is more handsome than before?”

“Really?” The man lightly responds.

“Yes, but looking at it, he is not as handsome as you.” She timely responded.

“En.” He is satisfied with the answer.

The film is still playing. One man alone in Mars, there is no climax. Instead, it is simply him farming but it is also quite fascinating.

One by one, the problem is solved and the male lead was able to survive the climate. From time to time, there would be some comedic points evoking laughter coming from the other cars.

Jiang Tiao has forgotten to eat the snacks and stared unblinkingly at the screen.

……

Unconsciously, two hours passed.

On the big screen, the crew decided to return and rescue the man in dire straits.

The commander undauntingly floats across the vast sky of space to personally greet her long-long crew member. Mark grabbed the cable and bit by bit, wrapped it around himself…...using all his strength to approach her.

Jiang Tiao was so tense that she couldn’t breathe.

It was during this time that she felt a warm palm gently cover her hand and gradually tightened its grasp…..

She looked at Fu Ting Chuan and saw that he is still looking at the screen with an unfathomable expression. His eyes are dark and his eyebrows are furrowed as if he is nervous because of the plot and has no desire to talk.

Actually, he has a lot to say.

Maybe it’s because the movie is too climatic and moving or maybe the silence seems like an eternity.

He really has too many thoughts and wants to talk to her.

–––Jiang Tiao, if I say it you might now believe it. Right now, I, more than ever, hope you can stay with me.

I never imagined I would have these kinds of feeling from meeting this type of woman. In my thirty years of living, my standards for picking a mate have always been vague, never really clear.

Three month’s ago, I accidentally saw a pair of hands, your hands. I thought I would be the same as before, simply a sudden impulse. After I finished filming and leave, everything will return back to normal.

But I found out while I was in the process of getting along with you, the emotions in my heart ignited…..it is a wonderful feeling I have never felt before until I discovered that you have occupied the whole of my heart.

You need to know, at my age, it is hard to experience new sensations with others. I don’t want to worry about the gains and losses. I don’t want to slowly explore my confusion. I am completely willing to share my story. I want confirmation and balance and stability in my life.

Your everything is insignificant. I will slowly learn and grow together to truly enjoy every wonderful moment.

The longer I got to know you, the more that I discover I don’t focus on your hand anymore.

I started to crave and desire to be another starting point in your life.

I started to want to give you my advice, my expectations, and my requests.

However, I am very worried that it is too abrupt and you would not accept it. This may affect your future and you would need to give up the life you once laid out. I am afraid you would need to say goodbye to your past.

I know you are an assertive girl so I dare not mention it.

And my heart is a mess. I hope that you can turn to me, don’t keep your distance. However, I also don’t want to interfere with your original aspirations and go against your dreams.

After all, you are still young.

……

“Jiang Tiao.”

The man whispered her name.

“Hm?” Jiang Tiao turned her head back to him. Fu Ting Chuan is also looking at her. His grip tightened on her hand and his eyes are filled with restrained emotion like he has something he really wants to say to her.

Just when he is about to open his lips–––

On the screen. The commander caught Mark! They looked at each other through their helmets with the starlight of the universe behind them.

Humans, tiny insignificant humans you are actually so great–––

The audience let out thunderous applause. In the film, men and women are cheering as the other crew members looked through the hatchet, their eyes brimming with tears.

It was the most exciting moment but Jiang Tiao’s sight stayed on Fu Ting Chuan the entire time.

She can see his lips moving but because of the noise outside, she didn’t hear a word.

She spoke louder, “What did you just say?”

Fu Ting Chuan suddenly smiled, seemingly relieved. He took the woman’s arm and pulled her closer, “I love you.”

Jiang Tiao knows what he said earlier weren’t these three words.

But she still wants to cry.

Wants to hug him.

As if their hearts are beating as one, the man took her in his arms.

She didn’t hear it but it is good. He didn’t want to talk anymore.

To them, two people, eating dinner together, strolling around the streets, and watching movies will be hard for them.

So even if his identity is special.

He will use his own way to let the woman next to him truly enjoy the trivial and typical interactions that normal couples will enjoy.

Mark returned to earth and I also hugged you.

It’s enough at this moment.

Comments