Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 36.2

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

The kettle boiled in the kitchen.

Other than that, there is no sound.

Jiang Tiao slowly tore the plastic wrap from the baby cabbage and calmly called, “Fu Ting Chuan, come here.”

“En.” The man walked up to the sink next to her. He is tall compared to the girl next to him.

She started to break the leaves from the stem, “Master looked for me today and told me something.”

“En.” He responded as if to show he is listening patiently.

“He said I don’t have anything more to learn, my skills are excellent, my qualifications are there so I can go on my own and stop working at the studio.”

Jiang Tiao spoke very lightly as she put the leaves in the vegetable bowl one by one.

It’s an ordinary movement but to Fu Ting Chuan, it was not at all simple.

He felt that he was the baby cabbage being torn layer by layer by her words to see what is hidden in his heart.

Fu Ting Chuan decided to play dumb and adhere to the idea of not speaking too much to incriminate himself or visibly waver, “En.”

“He asked me to consider it until filming ends.” Jiang Tiao handed him the bowl and then picked up the bok-choy.

Fu Ting Chuan turned on the faucet and let the water stream down onto the cabbage. He turned to ask, “What are you thinking?”

“I don’t know. I’m at a loss here so I want to ask you.” Her lowered eyelashes, brows, and hair all looked soft as a little lamb. She doesn’t look to be angry at all.

“It’s your own matter. You should decide for yourself.” Fu Ting Chuan washed the leaves of the cabbage and replied in a dignified manner.

“Oh? I decide for myself?” Jiang Tiao put down the bok-choy in her hand and wiped her hand on a kitchen towel, “You say, my Master’s intention of driving me away is so obvious, what decision can I make for myself.”

“Maybe he hopes you would have a better development.” Fu Ting Chuan turned off the faucet making it clear for them to hear.

“What development?”

“Set up your own studio, become an independent makeup artist, or become a celebrity’s personal stylist. It’s all better than being in a makeup crew.”

“Humph…..” Jiang Tiao snorted, “Become whose stylist? Your’s?

“What, you can’t?” Fu Ting Chuan can hear the dissatisfaction in her tone.

Jiang Tiao blinked, “You’re the one who urged master to let me go right?”

“So what if it’s me?” Fu Ting Chuan openly admitted.

Jiang Tiao took a deep breath and looked straight ahead, “Why didn’t you talk to me about it?”

Fu Ting Chuan scrunched his brows and looked elsewhere, “If I tell you, you would still have the same reaction now.”

Fu Ting Chuan knows she is angry. He is in the wrong but he also had no other way.

He really wants her to stay by his side.

Why can’t she understand the difficult position he is in? He is more anxious than anyone else.

Looking for something to vent at, Jiang Tiao pushed all the vegetables to the side, “Is there something wrong with my reaction? You interfered with my work without even talking to me about it.”

Fu Ting Chuan pulled her shoulder so she is facing him, “Why can’t I interfere with your work?”

Jiang Tiao fearlessly looked into his eyes, “What right do you have to interfere with my work?”

“Why can’t I interfere? I am your man!”

The last four words are like the last straw that finally broke the camel. Jiang Tiao was so angered that the force she used to push his hands away was unexpectedly powerful.

“Big Star Fu, let me tell you this clearly, I like the studio I’m at! I like to run around! I like working on a crew! I like enduring hardship! I don’t like other people trying to control my work, my life, my choices. Even if that person is my man! Do you think I am unreasonably causing trouble? Let me tell you, you’re wrong. I am only asking for some respect in this relationship. Maybe there are some girls out there who would like how you deal with relationships and work but that is not me!”

“.......”

Fu Ting Chuan didn’t speak for a long while.

Not wanting to stay in the suffocating atmosphere any longer, Jiang Tiao walked out of the kitchen.

After walking a few steps, Fu Ting Chuan caught up to her.

He turned her around, forcing her to face him. She didn’t resist and stood there, straight and firm, with no fear in sight.

Fu Ting Chuan held her wrist and took a deep breath, “Ask yourself, at that time when you were learning makeup, wasn’t it for this day to come?”

“What?” Jiang Tiao looked as if she heard a funny joke.

“In order to see me and be by my side.”

“Heh……” Jiang Tiao couldn’t believe her ears. She’s really underestimated the severity of Fu Ting Chuan’s male chauvinism.

“No? Then why did you become my fan? He closely stared at her face hoping to find some loose cracks. Even if there is one tiny bit, he would immediately put her in his arms and never let her go.

But there wasn’t.

Jiang Tiao exhaled a long breath, “I don’t deny you are my motivation, my strong motivation that urged me to get everything I have today from work, relationship, and life. I am grateful for your existence but you are not my ultimate goal in life. I like you. When someone curses you, I would immediately speak out for you. However, it doesn’t mean that you can control my life. You don’t have to remind me what my identity is. I am your fan, your girlfriend, but before all that, I am an individual human being with my own independent thoughts who can think for myself. It’s not something that can be changed easily.”

“I’m my own person, do you understand?”

She repeated those four words as the tears rolled uncontrollably.

Comments