Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 37.2

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

Jiang Tiao glanced at him and looked down and continued to pick the vegetables, “I was also in the wrong for throwing a tantrum. If I frightened you, then I’m sorry.”

She put the last batch of vegetables in the colander, “But I still hope, whatever decision you make, especially if it is related to my work life, talk to me about it beforehand. Making decisions for me may seem to be good for me but the feeling of being controlled is not, it is uncomfortable. You’ll understand once you experience it. I’m not against the idea of working with you. My learning makeup is really more or less related to you. But what you did was not okay, understand?”

She continued, “I always felt that there shouldn’t be any advantages or disadvantages in a proper relationship. You don’t have to be dominant or submissive. Equal standing and mutual respect between a man and a woman are how it should be. Maintaining communication is key. Being enthralled in passionate love is like being shot up with dopamine. It will feel great at the moment, but there will be regret once we start living together. Complete trust is definitely not a long-term decision…..:

Fu Ting Chuan suddenly interrupted her, “What did you just say?”

“.....” Jiang Tiao who was concentrating on what was on her mind seemed to have forgotten what she said.

She was so angry she laughed as she punched him, “Did you even hear what I just said?!”

“Yes, do you want me to recite it back to you? I’m good at it.” Fu Ting Chuan said and held back her fist attack.

“No, it’s good as long as you heard it.”

Jiang Tiao was about to turn around when Fu Ting Chuan once again pulled her back to face him.

“What are you doing?” This person is so weird, challenging her patience over and over again.

Fu Ting Chuan seriously looked at her, “Repeat the last sentence you said just now. I didn’t hear clearly.”

“I can’t remember.” Jiang Tiao replied. She was simply saying whatever that pops in her head so she doesn’t remember clearly.

“Let me help you remember. I remember the last few words.”

“What?”

“You said, we will live together.”

“........”

Fu Ting Chuan smiled, “Right?”

He really knows how to find the “main point.” Jiang Tiao couldn’t understand why the man in front of her is so excited, “Yes, I said it.”

And then.

Before she could react, she was once again pulled into Fu Ting Chuan’s arms.

He rests his chin on her shoulder, refusing to let go.

What a weird man.

**

Xu Che took his time returning to the apartment. Before he pressed the doorbell, he listened through the door.

It’s quiet inside, no movements can be heard. They….must have already reconciled.

With a finger hanging in the air, he hesitated for a while before finally pressing the doorbell.

My jade feet have been frozen solid. Please hurry.

Fu Ting Chuan opened the door for him. He frowned, “Why did you come back so late? Don’t you know hotpot base is the most important?”

Xu Che stared at him incredulously. Isn’t it because I want to give you space to salvage your relationship!

“Xu Che, it must be cold outside.” Jiang Tiao’s voice came from inside the house, “I’ve already heated the pot. Hurry, come.”

Only Sister Jiang knows how to care for people. Xu Che quickly wiped his feet on the doormat a few times before running back into the dining room with a bag.

Xu Che opened the bag for her to see, “I bought a few flavors. You pick one.”

Jiang Tiao asked him, “Can you eat spicy?”

Xu Che patted his chest, “Of course…..no problem.”

Fu Ting Chuan entered the kitchen, “Just get the original soup.”

Jiang Tiao looked at him, “You can’t eat spicy?”

Xu Che sneered, “Hehe…..he’s already aging, his organs are starting to deteriorate and he has a bad stomach.”

Fu Ting Chuan, “......We’re the same age.”

Xu Che, “My mind and heart are young, therefore my outer self is also young.”

Jiang Tiao took out one of the flavors, “Then we’ll use this mushroom chicken soup base.”

Xu Che hastily stopped, “Hey, hey, hey, don’t put it in! Sister Jiang, shouldn’t the majority rule?”

Jiang Tiao looked at him with a confused expression, “Did I ever say I wanted to eat spicy hot pot?”

A smile could be seen in his narrowed peach-blossom eyes. Fu Ting Chuan is filled with prideful satisfaction.

……….????

Xu Che has nothing to say. After a long time, he could only let out a sigh, “God….this really is a couple bullying people.”

Jiang Tiao pushed a bottle of chili paste over, “Here’s a bottle of Lao Gan Ma. It’s okay if you eat a whole bottle.”

Xu Che propped his head, “Let me think about it…..”

Fu Ting Chuan wriggled his brow, “If you want it then get it. We’re not going to wait for you.”

“Fine! Lao Gan Ma it is! Hand it over!” Xu Che hugged the hot sauce indignantly.

The dining room is warm, the windows are covered in mist and the whole house is filled with a comfortable warmth.

This is only an ordinary late winter night but it feels like a warm New Year's Eve.

Comments