Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 42.1

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

It’s extremely rare for there to be no delays when flying to the capital.

The three of them are seated in first class. Xu Che and Fu Ting Chuan’s seats are together while Jiang Tiao’s was separated by a walkway.

After boarding the plane, Xu Che naturally switched seats with Jiang Tiao so the couple can sit together.

The flight attendant originally did not notice Fu Ting Chuan. After he sat down and took off his hat and glasses–––

Jiang Tiao immediately noticed the flight attendant’s eyes lit up instantly.

If it weren’t for the professional job decorum, Jiang Tiao’s afraid she might scream at any second. Jiang Tiao thought back to when she first encountered Fu Ting Chuan at the public restroom….

She probably was like this too.

Haha. Thinking up to her, she couldn’t help but laugh. Afraid that she will be seen by others, she took a book out of her pocket and pretend to be reading.

“Fu….Teacher Fu!” The beautiful flight attendant rushed over. She was so excited she didn’t know what to say, “Can I take a picture with you?”

Because the plane hasn’t taken off yet, the flight attendant took the time to take out her phone.

Fu Ting Chuan pursed his lips and turned back to look at Jiang Tiao.

She is still reading her book. Today she parted her hair in the middle and let it down. One side is softly hanging down, covering half of her white face.

Cough.” Fu Ting Chuan cleared his throat.

Jiang Tiao looked up: What?

Xu Che who is sitting on the other side decided to lend a helping hand, “Our Old Fu wants to take a picture with the young lady. He wants you to lend her your seat.”

“Oh….” Jiang Tiao nodded. She bookmarks her page with a finger and got up from her seat. Not even a look of displeasure could be seen on her face.

Fu Ting Chuan looked at Xu Che in disbelief: He only wanted to ask his wife if she agrees or not.

Xu Che raised his brows: I know. I am just trying to sow discord.

Fu Ting Chuan nodded: You brat, fine.

Xu Che shrugged, looking very proud of himself.

……

Not long after the picture was taken, the plane finally took off.

The weather is cloudy today. Out the small window, the clouds look like soft cotton candy.

Fu Ting Chuan asked the flight attendant for a cup of Pu'er tea and politely sent her away. Jiang Tiao had a cup of juice placed next to her. The two of them minded their own business, looking very harmonious.

Seeing the man in the corner of her eyes sitting there looking bored, Jiang Tiao closed the book and asked, “You’re not going to rest?”

“Not sleepy.” Fu Ting Chuan whispered back.

“If you’re not sleepy why are you still drinking tea and making yourself even more awake?” She whispered and switched their drinks, “Drink juice else when your name gets called at the ceremony tonight, you will be sitting in your chair dozing off….”

Jiang Tiao’s hand stilled on the cup, “The juice is not. It’s not good for your stomach. Why don’t you get a cup of hot milk or warm water instead?”

Is she looking after him? Worried about him? For some reason, Fu Ting Chuan felt pleasant and comfortable. He leaned back in his chair and didn’t say anything. He simply stared at Jiang Tiao as if trying to brand her concern in his heart.

The man’s eyes were deep and profound. His lips naturally moved into a smile causing her ears to redden.

Jiang Tiao poked his shoulder, “What are you looking at?”

“You.” Fu Ting Chuan frankly answered.

“What’s there to look at!” She opens the book and covered her face. “Quickly get it.”

Still worried about his sleep problem.

Fu Ting Chuan reached out and took her book, “Talk to me, then I’ll sleep.”

“Okay.” Jiang Tiao felt like he is going to talk about something serious so she naturally agreed.

Fu Ting Chuan took her hand and gently stroke it.

Right now, he rarely has any burning passion when coming in contact with this pair of hands. Instead, he is filled with a peace of mind and a sense of belonging.

“Jiang Tiao,” Fu Ting Chuan calmly called out her full name, “I want to talk to you about something.”

“What?” She looked at him with confusion.

Fu Ting Chuan went on, “My family situation, my life.”

“En, continue.”

“My father died in my second year. Now I only have my mother at home. I am an only child so I have no other siblings.”

“En.”

“I will be 36 years old after my upcoming birthday.”

“En.”

“At this age, I am neither old nor young. I can still clearly remember my first day at the Central Drama Academy. To this day, I cannot forget it.”

Jiang Tiao smiled, “I have seen the video of your interview at the Central Drama Academy. You were really small fresh meat back then.”

Fu Ting Chuan also smiled. Time has changed, and the lines in the corner of his eyes could be seen, “Really, you even found this?”

“We fans can dig out anything!” Jiang Tiao proudly proclaimed.

Fu Ting Chuan chuckled and continued, “In my second year, I received my very first audition. I never thought I would the role but I was young and eager to try. In the end, I failed the audition. Before I graduated, I was at a loss yet ambitious. Xu Che and I didn’t have a place to stay and started to look for jobs in the outside world. Xu Che doesn’t like acting but I do. I worked really hard and the heavens seemed to notice. I attracted the attention of a director who gave me a role in the first movie of my life as the first male lead.”

“Liang Shanbo in ‘Butterfly Lovers,’, directed by Song Qiyuan, right?” Jiang Tiao blurted out.

She really knows him. Fu Ting Chuan feels more and more gratified, “Yes."

It was also in this romantic tragedy, the twenty-one-year-old Fu Ting Chuan revealed his outstanding talent for the world. From then on, his career started sailing smoothly and his fame starts to rise.

Comments