Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 42.3

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

After putting everything in place, Jiang Tiao started working on Fu Ting Chuan’s makeup.

The other three people went out on their own initiative. In front of the vanity, there is only Fu Ting Chuan and Jiang Tiao these two people.

Jiang Tiao lay out the bag of brushes and took a peek at the man through the mirror. This seems to be the first time putting makeup on himself again after he finished filming his roles in “Taiping.”

She turned back and lifted Fu Ting Chuan’s chin up. She knit her brows and studied his face in concentration, “I have to do a good job today. After all, you have to go on stage to receive an award.”

She is no longer that small makeup artist and he is no longer that big star. She became a qualified girlfriend, no longer having to be shy and mumbly.

“Who says I’ll be the one going on stage?” Fu Ting Chuan’s brush-like lashes fluttered.

Jiang Tiao took out a spray and wet the sponge, squeezing out the excess water, “Me.”

“Then I’ll borrow your words.”

“En.” Jiang Tiao proceeded to apply products o his face.

Fu Ting Chuan stared at her the entire time.

The woman was extremely focused. Her dark hazelnut eyes are solely concentrated on him, only him.

His smile gradually deepened. He reached out and pulled her to his lap.

“Hey.”

Jiang Tiao let out a small cry and tried to struggle but she was completely held in place by him, unable to move.
“Finish your work like this.” He is very close to her, his breath hot.

Jiang Tiao tightly gripped the sponge, her face turning red. “How can I work like this, I can’t see the light.”

“Just facing me is fine.”

“This way isn’t….”

“Stop talking or I’ll kiss you.”

“......” Jiang Tiao really didn’t dare to say anything. She could feel the changes under her. It was a little scary.

So, she can only sit there, red-faced, and continue brushing and dabbing.

After she is done applying the base makeup, Jiang Tiao turned to get the eyebrow pencil, “You’re eyebrows are already really thick. Just have to make the ends hook down a little. That way, it will stand out on the stage and make you look more neat and handsome.”

As always, this woman still likes to explain. Fu Ting Chuan nodded, “Do whatever you have to do.”

Jiang Tiao looked at him in annoyance, “If I were to make you look ugly, you will still let me do whatever I want?”

“En.”

Suddenly, Fu Ting Chuan seemed to have thought of something. He took the eyebrow pencil from Jiang Tiao’s hand and asked, “Did you do your makeup today?”

“What do you think?” She turned her face fully for him to see.

Fu Ting Chuan pinched her chin and looked closely, “I don’t know.”

Stupid straight man! Jiang Tiao lifted her eyes, “No. We had to rush to the airport today so I only did my skincare and put on sunscreen.”

Fu Ting Chuan assessed, “You don’t look different from how you usually do.”

“Really? Then my bare face is pretty good-looking.” Jiang Tiao felt content with his reply.

Fu Ting Chuan raised the eyebrow pencil and asked, “How about I help you draw in your eyebrows?”

Jiang Tiao immediately distanced herself, “No, no, no, please don’t!”

“I have studied art for a short while.”

“I still….don’t allow it! Rather than let others draw my brows, why don’t you give me a knife instead!”

“Really?” Fu Ting Chuan narrowed his eyes. There is a dangerous look on his face.

Jiang Tiao puffs her cheeks and exhaled, “Give me a reason why I should let you draw.” She seemed to have thought better of it and indignantly continued, “Stop playing around! Quickly give me back the eyebrow pencil! Don’t try to affect the work of us professional makeup artists!”

“I can give you a reason but I will tell you while I draw your brows.” Fu Ting Chuan also made a request, still not handing back the pencil.

“Do you think I only have one eyebrow pencil?” Jiang Tiao intended to go back to get one but was held firmly in place.

How can he have so much force with only one hand?

Unwilling to waste time, Jiang Tiao finally relented, “Then you draw.”

“Ok.” Now that’s a good girl. Fu Ting Chuan smiled and brought the eyebrow pencil in front of the woman, “There was a man in the Han dynasty called Zhang Chang. He was a governor which is equivalent to being a mayor of Beijing.”

“En…” Feeling the cool tip of the pencil brushing against her eyebrows made Jiang Tiao’s heart tremble.

Fu Ting Chuan drew within the woman’s natural brow shape, his movement light, “He likes to paint his wife’s eyebrows at home. There are officials who called for his impeachment with the emperor saying he was too frivolous and had no dignity. The emperor asked him about it. Zhang Chang said, ‘I hear that in the boudoir there is nothing more important than painting brows.’ You only need to worry about the country’s affairs. What do I painting my wife’s brows have anything to do with you?

Jiang Tiao who was listening attentively to the story calmed down.

“The emperor really admire him but didn’t put him in a high position.” Fu Ting Chuan raised the pencil and compared the brows on both sides, “But in my opinion, a man who is willing to put down his manliness, and ignore rumors to paint his wife’s brows is truly a romantic man.”

With that said, Fu Ting Chuan put down the pencil and slowly turned Jiang Tiao’s shoulder so she can face the mirror.

Finally, Jiang Tiao can clearly see herself in the mirror.

The two eyebrows were not exaggerated and looked natural.

In the eyes of professional makeup artists, the skill isn’t too great but it did make her face look full of spirits.

“What do you think?” Fu Ting Chuan asked by her ear.

Jiang Tiao’s eyes curved into small crescents but she was unwilling to admit it, “Not bad.”

“Will you trust me in the future?” He asked.

“Yes~ of course, ~” She turned back and gave him a small peck on the lips.

Comments