Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 43.2

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

Jiang Tiao leaned back and released a breath. Her palms were all sweaty and she was afraid she is going to collapse.

The assistant who was calmly talking to her earlier jumped out of his seat and vigorously clapped, “Wooooo–––Old Fu––––You’re amazing-–––”

Jiang Tiao who also returned to her senses quickly stood up and clapped with all her might.

She looked at Xu Che from the side of her eye and didn’t expect to see tears forming in his eyes.

Even if his throat starts to hurt and the other person couldn’t hear it, Xu Che continued to scream and scream.

Jiang Tiao’s nose suddenly feels sour.

She has never experienced Fu Ting Chuan’s past but through Xu Che’s reaction, she could feel all the hard work and bitterness that he must’ve experienced to get here.

On the big screen, Fu Ting Chuan smiled and shook hands with the other two actors who were nominated.

Before he took the stage, he also gave his director a hug.

When he reached Zhang Qiu Feng’s side, as a senior sister, of course, she would say a few words to him.

Zhang Qiu Feng didn’t rush to hand him the trophy. She looked at this junior brother of hers and said, “Junior brother, you look different today.”

The light fell on these two people. Fu Ting Chuan stood there tall and straight as he smiled, “How so?”

“You look youthful. Good gracious, not only are you wearing that snowman brooch, you don’t even forget to act cute when receiving your award.”

He let out an amusing smile.

Jiang Tiao also smiled. His entire attire today was entirely prepared by her.

Fu Ting Chuan followed along, “I am getting older so I occasionally have to rely on external factors to enhance my youthful spirit.”

“True. I am older than you, I should wear a reindeer one next time.” Zhang Qiu Feng beautifully smiled and brought up the golden eagle cup to him, “Congratulations.”

“Thank you.” Fu Ting Chuan gave a slight nod. He took it with both hands and gave his senior sister a hug.

Another round of applause sounded.

Tears seemed to be flowing out of Jiang Tiao’s eyes as she couldn’t really see the screen clearly.

While Fu Ting Chuan delivered his speech, she wiped her tears with a paper tissue and gently gaze over.

“Good evening everyone.” Screams sounded under the stage. “I am actor Fu Ting Chuan.”

He simply introduced himself as an actor.

So ordinary but it carries a lot of weight.

“I am very honored to be here tonight. After more than ten years in the industry, I still feel that acting in a TV series is a very suitable way of communication between the actors and the public. I really love the acting industry. I don’t like to display my life to others because every one of my projects is my biography, my bread and butter. My scripts are my life.”

When Fu Ting Chuan said this, the audience erupted into applause before slowly dying down.

He then thanked, “Thank you CCTV, thank you to the China Teleplay Production Center, thank you to producer Ms. Zhang Xuan, filmmaker Mr. Zhou Qi Yuan, director Mr. Li Chang Sheng, cameraman Mr. Yan Qi, art designer Ms. Song Ru Yan and the hundreds of crew members in “Gray.” And to all my fans and friends, thank you for all your love and support.

Even though I am holding this trophy, the honor belongs to you all.

As long as I am still here, I will never stop in my pursuit of the performing arts”

Finally, the man raised the trophy, “Thank you, everyone.”

The entire venue was filled with long-awaited applause. Xu Che heavily clapped his hands and shouted, “Great speech!”

Jiang Tiao turned to him, “Did Fu Ting Chuan improvise on the spot? He didn’t prepare it beforehand?”

“En.” Xu Che sniffled, “He never had to write a speech in advance.”

Amazing, Jiang Tiao sighed in her heart.

A male host took the stage and sent Fu Ting Chuan off.

He strode to the stairway at the side of the stage when he suddenly stopped halfway. He looked up at a certain spot in the audience and shook the trophy in his hand.

It seemed as if he is seeking a reward from someone for his merit.

A close-up camera was also focused on his high-spirited face.

Feeling in a good mood, Jiang Tiao immediately reacted to his action.

She immediately raised her two thumbs and shook his excitedly.

The lens moved over to where is looking at. However, it is too far and crowded so it is unclear who Emperor Fu is looking at.

The fans in the back row were also screaming….

Maybe he was trying to please his fans?

**

The next day, Jiang Tiao returned to Hengdian.

She went on Weibo and saw that the homepage displayed the news of Fu Ting Chuan winning the Flying Eagle Awards last night.

His acceptance video was edited by both officials and fans alike. They were filled with praise and the number of views went up by several hundred million.

His “youthful” attire last night was a huge attack on his female fans’ hearts. Under the photos released online, there were comments like “I want to lick those ankles,” “I am the snowman, “God, this old man trying to act cute is killing me.”

The negative news from a month ago was quickly pushed down by the group of girls. Strength is the loudest slap on the face.

Their idol used the best method to tell them he deserves their love and pursuit.

Jiang Tiao gave Fu Ting Chuan a call to discuss last night’s matter, “Last night, who were you shaking the trophy to?”

“Who do you think?” Fu Ting Chuan asked.

“Me?”

“Yes.”

“It was so far, how did you know where I was sitting?”

“I didn’t.”

“Weren’t you afraid that you were facing the wrong direction?”

“As long as you saw it, it’s fine.”

“Hmph.” Jiang Tiao lightly chuckled and admitted, “I did see you. You looked so handsome I was so proud. Even when I receive my makeup artist certificate, I was this cheerful and proud.”

“Really…..” His voice was pleasant to hear, “Even though I couldn’t see you, my heart did.”

Jiang Tiao bit her lower trying, trying to keep her smile in check, “Smooth talker.”

In Beijing, Fu Ting Chuan is walking outside the studio villa. Every time he heard Jiang Tiao speak, a smile would appear on his face.

He let out a breath of air and look out at the vegetation in the courtyard as he paced around.

He softly said into the phone, “The wintersweet in the yard is about to bloom.”

Small buds with five translucent yellow petals. Even though it looks bright and delicate, it can still blossom in the winter.


“What?” The woman on the other end of the phone asked, “You want to take a picture for me to see?”

“I can’t.” Fu Ting Chuan looked to the far distance, “King Wuyue once said, when the flowers start to bloom, I slowly wait for you to come back.”

“If you miss me then just say it, don’t try to act scholarly.” Jiang Tiao muttered.

Fu Ting Chuan smiled and didn’t say anything. Yes, he really misses her.

Comments