Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Three Combs: Chapter 44.2

[Previous][Table of Contents][Next]

Just when she is thinking about what to reply, Fu Ting Chuan called.

During the end of the year, there are many big and small festivities that he needs to attend. These days, she can feel how overwhelmed he is by the text messages.

It is a surprise that Fu Ting Chuan has the time to call her.

Jiang Tiao answered, “Hello.”

She didn’t call out his name. The person seemed to be calm in the midst of his busy schedule as he mimicked, “Hello.”

“Wow, a busy person even has the time to call me.” Jiang Tiao jabbed at him and put aside the hot cup of coffee.

Fu Ting Chuan laughed, “It isn’t easy to find some spare time and I used it to call you.”

The sunlight shined in through the window. Jiang Tiao squinted, “Am I supposed to feel grateful?”

“No, it ought to be like this.”

“Oh…” She dragged on, sounding like a mischievous little girl.

Fu Ting Chuan solemnly asked, “Do you know what day is tomorrow?”

“Don’t know.” Jiang Tiao clenched her teeth =for fear of accidentally laughing out loud, “What day is it?”

“You really don’t know?” His voice is filled with disbelief.

“Don’t know.”

“Really? Hmm?”

The way he said “hmm” was like a thin needle poked at her heart. If she didn’t pay attention, it will poke the balloon that is holding up her feigned pride intact.

Jiang Tiao, “I’m kidding. I was only messing with you. Of course, I know. It is the 31st, your birthday.”

“That’s good.”

Afraid that the passengers around her might clue on what she said, Jiang Tiao lowered her voice, “As your certified fan, how can I not remember your birthday.”

However, she still fooled him, “I still haven’t finished my resignation process yet so I won’t be able to go to Beijing until after the New Year. Sorry, I can’t celebrate your birthday in person.”

“Really?” There doesn’t seem to be any disappointment in his voice but instead, there was amusement.

“Yes. Since I am stuck here, why don’t I buy a cake, light a candle, take a picture, and send it to you?” Jiang Tiao picked up her coffee and took a sip, “Do you know how I celebrate the 31st for the past ten years? I would buy a small cake, hide it in my room, light a candle, make a wish, and hope you would get better and better. Then I would blow out the candle as if I am celebrating your birthday for you. This year I am going to buy a big one. What do you think?”

His smile deepened, “How big is it going to be?”

"Twelve inches."

“Can a single person finish it by themselves?”

“Slowly eat it. Who told you to have a bigger place in my heart. Now I have to buy a bigger cake to keep up with it.” With that said, Jiang Tiao almost feels convinced by her acting skills.

She doesn’t really want to trick Fu Ting Chuan but to give him a surprise, it must be done.

As mentioned before, this is the second reason she chose to leave on this day.

“Then I will wait for your picture.” Fu Ting Chuan said.

“Okay.”

“Actually, I didn’t participate in any New Year’s event.” Fu Ting Chuan said suddenly. There seems to be a sense of melancholy between his words, “I wanted to go home to see my mom and bring you along.”

Jiang Tiao’s heart stopped and her voice was a bit disordered, “Really?”

“Yes.”

Although her heartaches, she is acting so she must play it to the end. Before a lie is uncovered, it must be completed first.

Jiang Tiao sweetly apologized, “I’m really sorry. I should’ve handled this matter earlier so I can accompany you to see your mom.”

She comforted, “But this is also good. It gives me time to prepare.”

“En, let’s discuss it another day,” Fu Ting Chuan said, “I have something to do now. Rest well and remember to wear more clothes outside. Don’t try to dress beautifully.”

“Oh. You’re not even at my side, why should I still dress prettily.” Jiang Tiao coaxed.

Sure enough, he immediately felt better, “Okay. Your mouth is so sweet. Come earlier you hear me?”

“Yes, boss!”

Her heart was elated. Fu Ting Chuan definitely wouldn’t have guessed, in two to three hours, she will be by his side.

**

After half an hour, Jiang Tiao boarded the plane.

She had a good and relaxing sleep throughout the flight as the plane landed smoothly in the capital.

Jiang Tiao took her bag and went to the slowly turning carousel to pick up her luggage. Because she slept deeply during the flight, her eyes were drowsy.

Because she is afraid that she would ruin her makeup by rubbing her eyes, she can only scroll through Weibo to try and keep herself awake.

She carried her bag on her elbow and turned on her phone. After the 4G signal showed up, she went on Weibo.

She didn’t get to see anything before her screen flashed and then goes back to the phone's home screen.

Does it need to update?

Jiang Tiao cleared her apps and restarted Weibo.

This time there is no flash. Instead, the screen was stuck.

…….What’s going on?

Jiang Tiao was filled with uncertainty. Could it be she was hacked?

It can’t be. Sometimes because she is too lazy to switch accounts, she would look at news about Fu Ting Chuan with this account…..

In case she was exposed, she specifically created a “cold image” for Bing. If she was completely exposed, would it be hard to preserve it?

Her drowsiness immediately disappeared. Jiang Tiao opened Safari and logged onto Weibo.

This time, she was able to smooth log in…..

It’s just…..

Her heart felt like it is sitting in a drop tower. When it reaches the top, it will fall into the abyss.

On the top-right corner….

36456 comments, view post….

480785 new followers view new followers…..

44876 @tags view new tags…..

What's going on? Jiang Tiao looked at her profile, is she on the wrong account? Nope, in the center has the big word Bing. It really is her account.

_(:3」∠)_ Mommy, can someone tell her what is going on?

The palm of her hands is sweating. Her finger trembled as she clicked on the comments…..

––Let’s follow Brother Chuan and praise together!

––Could it be Chuan’s wife’s Weibo? Her hands are so pretty.

––TAT The blogger’s hands are really beautiful. I humbly admit defeat.

––I heard that our family Ting Chuan gave you a like so I came over to see. Don’t be happy too soon.

––Passionately licking hands prprpr!!!

––Shuzi-sama what is your relationship with Male God Fu!

––Did Uncle Fu’s hand slip? Look around.

……

……

………………………………??!!

In this baggage claim area where people are coming and going, Jiang Tiao seemed to have been hit by hail. She froze all over, unable to move. 

Comments