Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Twelve Units of Sweetness: Chapter 16


Chen Yiran dug out the phone he had hidden in his schoolbag and dialed Chen Zui. Zhen Tian looked at the phone he suddenly pulled out in surprise. So he had a phone on him the entire time?

“What is it? Is the birthday party over?”

Chen Zui's voice came through the receiver. After Chen Yiran heard his voice, he quickly said, "Dad, when are you coming over?"

Chen Zui frowned on the other side of the phone, “What are you up to this time? Where are you?”

“I’m at mom’s store. Quickly come over.” Then he ran to the side and sent Chen Zui his location.

Chen Zui abruptly stood up when he received his location.

Zhen Tian chased after Chen Yiran, afraid he would get lost again, “Chen Shan, don’t run around.”

Chen Zui had already put his phone away and was just standing there waiting for Zhen Tian, “Sister, I have already contacted my dad. He said he would come to pick me up soon.”

At this moment, she became “sister” again. Zhen Tian didn’t mind asking this and was only concerned about his parents, “Do you know where this is?”

"Yes, I sent him my location."

“....” Zhen Tian felt this kid was a mystery. When she first asked him, he said he didn’t know anything. Now, he can even send his location? “Why didn’t you tell me you have a phone?”

Chen Yiran sniffed pitifully, looking extremely aggrieved, “I was too scared earlier and forgot everything.”

It is excusable for children to forget some things when they are too scared. Zhen Tian believed his nonsense.

"Sister, let's go back to the lounge and wait for Dad to come, okay?" Chen Yiran pulled her sleeve and looked at her.

There are many people outside drinking so it is not suitable for children. Zhen Tian nodded and held his little hand, “Then let’s go back to the lounge. You are not allowed to run around anymore.”

"Okay." Chen Yiran assured her.

When they passed by the bar again, Zhou Keye had already inquired about the situation from Ah Zhong. Zhen Tian doesn’t have a boyfriend, let alone any children. He looked at the kid she was leading and found that he was also looking at him with obvious hostility which made him look cute and funny.

When did he offend this kid?

Zhen Tian had to take care of the kid and couldn’t get away. She could only apologize to Zhou Keye, “I’m sorry, I have something to do. I can’t entertain you.”

Zhou Keye smiled at her and didn’t mind, “It’s okay. You go do what you have to do. I’ll wait for you here while I drink.”

“Okay, drink whatever you want tonight. It’s on the house.”

Zhou Keye smiled at her, wanting to say some more but Chen Yiran uncomfortably pulled Zhen Tian’s hand, “Let’s go in.”

“Okay.” Zhen Tian had Ah Zhong entertain Zhou Keye and lead Chen Yiran away.

Chen Zui hurried over to Zhen Tian’s bar. When he didn’t see Zhen Tian by the bar counter, he went up to ask Ah Zhong, “Where’s Zhen Tian?”

Zhou Keye, who was sitting to the side, glanced over at him.

Chen Zui didn’t notice him. After Ah Zhong told him she was at the lounge, he walked there directly. Ah Zhong looked at his back and a bold thought flashed in his mind. Is that kid Anchor Chen’s son?

"Is that person just now a news anchor?" Zhou Keye recognized Chen Zui. He remembered that he was the one who interviewed Zhen Tian.

Ah Zhong nodded, “He is also our boss’s senior from school. Recently, he has been coming here often for drinks.”

“Then that kid just now. Is he his son?”

“I don’t know about this.” Ah Zhong shook his head, “I didn’t hear Anchor Chen mention having a son.” If he really is his son, their boss will be sad right? After all, he could see that his boss had some interest in Anchor Chen.

Zhen Tian and Chen Yiran were playing Old Maid in the lounge when the door was suddenly pushed open. She looked back and her hand froze, “Senior, why are you here?”

Chen Zui looked at the sitting Chen Yiran and then at Zhen Tian, not knowing where to start.

He didn’t say a word but Zhen Tian figured it out in a flash. Chen Zui, Chen Shan. Both are surnamed Chen!

“You’re Chen Shan’s dad?!”

“No, I am his uncle.” Chen Zui quickly clarified, afraid of her misunderstanding.

Zhen Tian looked back at Chen Yiran. Chen Yiran put down the playing cards in his hand and smiled at Chen Zui, "Uncle, you’re here."

Chen Zui didn’t falter and had a look of anger on his face, “Chen Yiran, you better explain to me what is going on. Didn’t you say you are going to a friend’s birthday party? Why are you here?”

"Chen Yiran?" Zhen Tian was a little confused, "Isn't his name Chen Shan?"

Chen Zui’s eyebrow moved as he watched Chen Yiran silently. Chen Zui started to panic from his gaze. Chen Zui already looks scary when he isn’t angry but when he is, he looks even more terrifying. But he did this all for him!

"Let's go out and talk." Chen Zui looked at Zhen Tian. Some words were inconvenient to say in front of Chen Yiran. Since things turned out like this, he should simply tell her everything.

"Okay." Zhen Tian nodded and stood up from the sofa. She didn’t forget to tell Chen Yiran, "You should stay in the lounge and not run around. We will be back soon."

"Yes, take your time. I'll read a book here!" Chen Yiran tried hard to act as a good boy.

Chen Zui swept a glance at him and Chen Yiran immediately shuddered.

Zhen Tian took Chen Zui to a corner of the store to sit down and asked someone to bring two glasses of water. Zhou Keye swirled the beer in his hand and looked in their direction.

“What is going on?” Zhen Tian hasn't figured it out yet. "He told me that he couldn't find his parents, so I was planning to take him to the police."

Chen Zui took a sip of the ice water and said, "His name is Chen Yiran, my sister's son. Chen Shan is his nickname. My sister always called him Shanshan when she was still alive."

When he said this, Zhen Tian also remembered that Chen Zui did have an older sister.

She remembered that it was the day Chen Zui promised to let her interview him. As agreed, she ran to the playground to find Chen Zui after school and found him leaning on the railing alone drinking beer.

Zhen Tian looked around and ran up to tell him, "Why are you drinking in school? You will get punished if a teacher finds you!"

Chen Zui turned his head to look at her. He passed the beer in his hand to her, "Do you want to drink? Then we are accomplices."

Zhen Tian looked at the beer hesitantly. She was a little curious but in the end, she didn’t reach to pick it up. “No, you shouldn’t either. Drinking is bad for your health.”

Chen Zui forced out a smile, “Although drinking is not good for your health, it is good for your mental health."

Zhen Tian blinked and walked to him, "Is something on your mind?"

Chen Zui leaned back on the railing and took another sip of the beer, "My sister is getting married."

“Sister? You have a sister?”

“Yes.”

"It’s good news she is getting married." After Zhen Tian finished speaking, she covered her mouth in surprise and looked at Chen Zui wide-eyed. "It can’t be you like your sister, right?"

"..." Chen Zui glanced at her, "My parents disapprove of my sister's marriage."

"Oh." Zhen Tian also copied his posture and leaned on the railing, "Why don't they approve?"

"They think my sister's boyfriend is unreliable, and I think so too."

Zhen Tian frowned and thought for a while, "Since you all feel this way, it means that the man is really not very reliable. You should persuade your sister."

"I can't do anything about it. She has been working in another city. Her getting married is only to notify my family." Chen Zui said, and suddenly laughed at himself, "What am I telling you for?"

"My sister got pregnant with Chen Yiran a year after her marriage. Her husband ran to the United States before the child was born, saying that he was going to start a business. There has been no news since." When Chen Zui said this, his expression remained the same, very calm, "My sister raised Chen Yiran alone while she continued working. When Chen Yiran was two years old, she fell asleep behind the wheel and got into an accident. She couldn’t be saved."

Zhen Tian held the water glass in front of her with both hands, not knowing what to say. She thought of Chen Yiran whispering just now that his parents don't want him anymore.

There were some truths to it.

“My sister has a very tense relationship with the family because of her marriage. I was the first to know when she got into an accident. My parents both teach archeology and often follow the go on archaeological research around the world. There is no time for them to take care of Chen Yiran. So Chen Yiran has lived with me since he was two years old.” When Chen Zui said this, he raised his eyes and looked at Zhen Tian who was sitting across from him, "I’m sorry I didn’t tell you all this." "

No, no, this was originally your family affair, you have no obligation to tell me." Zhen Tian felt stuffy, not because Chen Zui hadn't told her about Chen Yiran, but because all this occurred when Chen Yiran was only two years old and Chen Zui hadn't graduated from university at the time. The two must have had a hard time.

"Because of these experiences as a child, Chen Yiran matured much earlier than other children of the same age. Today he told me he was attending a classmate's birthday party. I didn't know why he came here."

Zhen Tian also thought this matter was strange, "How did he know the address of my store, did you tell him?"

“No, he could have found it himself.”

“....” He is too impressive. “Why did he come here?”

Chen Zui groaned slightly, "I’m not sure about this. I have to wait to go back and ask him."

“En.” Zhen Tian nodded, “I think he seems to be very afraid of you. Don't get angry at him when you go back, just talk to him."

Chen Zui looked at her and suddenly laughed, "Now the junior is teaching the senior some lessons."

Zhen Tian was embarrassed, “I’m not.”

Chen Zui smiled and stood up from the sofa, "Then I will take Chen Yiran back today. I will invite you to dinner another day as an apology."

"No, no, I'll invite you next time." Zhen Tian stood up and went back to the lounge with him. Chen Yiran saw them come back and said in surprise, "You guys finished talking so soon?"

Can Uncle even win her over?

Chen Zui looked at him with a calm face, and Chen Yiran immediately quieted.

“Let’s go. We’ll talk when we get back.” Chen Zui took Chen Yiran and walked outside. Chen Yiran's heart started beating rapidly. He took Zhen Tian’s hand, not letting go, “Sister Zhen Tian, why don’t you come with us.”

Chen Zui looked at him and raised his eyebrows. So, he knows to save his own skin.

Zhen Tian touched his head and said with a smile: "There are a lot of customers in the store today. I can't walk away. Would you like to have dinner another day?"

No. He is afraid he won’t be able to live to that day. Chen Yiran looked at her bitterly.

Zhen Tian leaned into his ear and whispered, "Your uncle has promised me just now that he won't scold you."

Chen Yiran's eyes lit up, really?

Zhen Tian couldn't help smiling when she saw him like this. Chen Yiran sometimes look mischievous, but after all, he is an eight-year-old kid. He is still innocent and cute.

“Then I will send you out.”

"Okay." Zhen Tian took his other hand and went out with them.

They look like a family of three. Many customers who saw them were familiar with Zhen Tian and teased her a little. When Zhou Keye saw them coming, he stood up and walked to them, "Are you going out?"

It was only now that Chen Zui noticed Zhou Keye. He frowned at the man in front of him.

Zhen Tian almost forgot and looked at him apologetically, “I’m sorry for making you wait so long. I am really busy today.”

“No worries. I came too suddenly.” Zhou Keye smiled and swept his eyes across Chen Zui, “You are going out?”

"No, I'm sending them off." There were indeed a lot of customers in the store today. She couldn't get away even if she wanted to.

Zhou Keye also noticed that the store was very busy. He thought about it and said to Zhen Tian, "I will stay in City A for a while. I will invite you to dinner someday, okay?"

"Okay, but since you are in City A, let me be the host." After all, she snatched so many of his red envelopes in the group chat. It was more than enough for a meal, "Then we will reschedule later. I will send them out ."

She pulled Chen Yiran’s hand but noticed Chen Zui standing still. She glanced at him strangely wondering what was wrong.

Chen Zui’s current expression was colder than when he caught Chen Yiran earlier. Chen Yiran was happy to see that. Uncle has found someone more annoying than him so he won’t have the thought to punish him tonight.

"Senior?" Zhen Tian called him. Hearing Zhen Tian's voice, Chen Zui turned and smiled at her, "This is your friend? Why don't you introduce us?"

"Ah? Oh, this is a friend in my drinking group..." Zhen Tian realized that she only knew his screen name.

"Zhou Keye." Zhou Keye looked at her, "My name is Zhou Keye."

“Oh, my name is Zhen Tian.”

Zhou Keye smiled, “I know.” He took out a business card from his cardholder and handed it to Zhen Tian.

"Wow, uncle's business card is so beautiful, can you give it to me?" Chen Yiran looked at the business card in Zhen Tian's hand.

Zhou Keye calmly took out another business card and handed it to him, “I have a lot more.”

Chen Yiran pursed his lips and took the business card. “Thank you, uncle.”

Zhou Keye put away the cardholder and looked at Zhen Tian, “Then let’s catch up another time. I won’t bother you today.”

“Okay.”

Zhou Keye glanced at Chen Zui again before taking his leave. After he left, Zhen Tian looked at Chen Zui and asked, "Are we still leaving?"

"Yeah." Chen Zui led Chen Yiran and asked Zhen Tian, who was walking beside him, "What drinking group are you in, can I join?"

Zhen Tian didn't expect Chen Zui to be interested in this too, "Yes, but I joined the group for work, so I joined with my alternate account."

Chen Zui's eyes moved, "Alternate? Is it different from the one given to me?"

“Of course. That one is my main account. I’m not usually on my alternate account.”

Chen Zui’s restless heart was soothed by Zhen Tian’s words. He smiled and his tone softened, “Ok, then I won’t join it.”

The three walked out of the Tipsy Cat. Chen Zui's car was parked outside the store. He led Chen Yiran into the car, turned around, and said to Zhen Tian, "You go back to work. We will talk later.”

“Ok, drive safely.” She didn’t forget to remind Chen Zui, “Don’t be angry at him.”

“Got it, you can go in.” Chen Zui smiled and watched her watch into the store before getting in his car.

Chen Yiran straightened his back as soon as he came in. Chen Zui calmly started the car and left Qingnan Lane. “So tell me, what happened?”

Indeed, he had a guess in his heart. He only mentioned Zhen Tian in front of Chen Yiran once, when Deng Liyang called him out for a drink. Chen Yiran probably remembered Zhen Tian's name at that time. Then he saw her bar on the morning news yesterday, so he ran over here with a false excuse.

As for why he went looking for Zhen Tian, Chen Zui could roughly guess. Like he told Zhen Tian, Chen Yiran’s life experience made him mature early. At the same time, he is more sensitive than ordinary children. Although he had never mentioned it, Chen Zui knows that he had always been afraid that he would not be wanted after he got married.

That’s why he always ruins his blind dates.

This time, he must have noticed that his attitude toward Zhen Tian was different from the others so he ran over to check her out. In the past, Chen Zui let him get away with it because he didn’t like blind dates. But Zhen Tian is different. If Chen Yiran can’t accept her, he will have to slowly ease him into it.

“Uncle, do you like Sister Zhen Tian?”

“I’m the one asking the questions here.”

Chen Yiran curled his lips, “I also like her. She looked better in person. She is also very nice!”

Chen Zui didn't speak. Chen Yiran must really have a good impression of Zhen Tian, otherwise, he would not tell her his nickname.

“You really like her?”

“Yes.” Chen Yiran heavily nodded, “I approve of this marriage.”

Chen Zui hummed a laugh, “Even if you please me this way, I still won’t let go of what happened tonight.”

Chen Yiran, “....”

“Sister Zhen Tian promised me you won’t scold me! If you don’t keep your promise, I will tell her!” Chen Yiran played his last hand.

"Okay, stop yelling." Although Chen Zui promised Zhen Tian not to get angry, Chen Yiran must be disciplined. "Do you know how dangerous it is for you to run so far alone? I told you so many times not to recklessly run around. Were you even paying attention?"

“....I’m sorry uncle.” I will still do it in the future.

“Your allowance next month will be halved.”

"!!!" Chen Yiran was going to go crazy, "I will tell Sister Zhen Tian!"

“Go. I promised her not to scold you but I never said anything about not deducting your allowance.”

“....”

Adults are shameless!

“If I hadn't come today, you wouldn’t have known about your love rival! I think you can let go of this crime!” Chen Yiran was aggrieved. He was obviously doing this for his uncle, but now his uncle has deducted half of his allowance.

Speaking of rivals, Chen Zui piqued up, "Do you still have the business card he gave you?"

“Of course, it’s better to know your enemy!” Chen Yiran took the business card out of his bag and glanced at it, "Oh, he runs a brewery."

"Brewery?"

“Yes, but it’s in C City. You are still closer to her.”

Chen Zui glanced at him, “Your Chinese is good.”

“So can you not lower my allowance next month?”

“No.”

….Hmpth!

After arriving home safely, Chen Zui had Chen Yiran take a bath and sleep. He sat down in his room and sent a message to Zhen Tian, "We are home."

Zhen Tian: Okay. Remember not to get angry!

Chen Zui laughed, "Yes. But I deducted half a month's allowance."

Zhen Tian: Hahahahaha, you’re so cruel, but it’s really too dangerous for him to run around alone. This should be a good lesson to learn.

Chen Zui: I feel assured hearing this bold lecture

Zhen Tian: [covers face] I didn't mean that

Ah Zhong sneakily watched her send the message and said incredulously, “Boss, are you discussing a child’s education with Anchor Chen?”
“……”
Zhen Tian, “....”

No, why does the connotation change when it comes out of his mouth?

She put away the phone and looked at Ah Zhong sternly, “Aren’t you busy? Why are you so curious about what I am discussing.”

Ah Zhong is really idle. He looked at Zhen Tian with interest, “Boss, which one do you like, Anchor Chen or President Zhou?”

“What are you talking about? Do you want me to deduct your salary?” Zhen Tian decided to learn Chen Zui’s way of handling problems.

Ah Zhong was not frightened by her, “I think it is hard to decide. Both of them are very good. Anchor Chen is handsome and has a nice voice. He was also your senior in school. President Zhou runs his own brewery, is rich, and also looks good. You know, while he was sitting here waiting for you, several female customers tried to strike up a conversation with him but he refused.”

“Then it might be because he has a girlfriend. Don’t speculate.” Zhen Tian didn’t care. “Also, Chen Zui is not poor. The salary of TV anchors should be high.”

“In this kind of work, there is the lower rank and higher rank.”

“Then my senior should be in the higher rank.”

Ah Zhong can understand that Boss Zhen’s heart is definitely leaning toward Chen Zui.

Zhen Tian's inclination was indeed toward Chen Zui. Today, when he mentioned his sister, she remembered a lot of things from her school days. That day she saw Chen Zui drinking beer on the playground, for some reason, she remembered the specific beer he drank.

One day when she went to the market, she walked around the beer section. The beer that Chen Zui drank was the most common one in the supermarket. Zhen Tian took a can and put it in the shopping cart. After returning home, she shut herself in her room and secretly took a sip.

It's terrible.

This was Zhen Tian’s initial impression. The bitter taste of beer almost filled her entire mouth. She put the can aside, wondering what is so good about it. She barely drank half of the can before she poured the rest down the toilet.

However, after that day, she subconsciously began to pay attention to the history of beer and also found many beer-related anecdotes. For example, the U.S. did an experiment to find out if nuclear explosions have an effect on various beverages. It concluded that beer was the least affected by the radiation. Another example is a Danish brewery that provided unlimited access to beer for a Nobel Prize winner. They even directly connected a pipeline to the winner’s house. That is to say, when doomsday comes, you should have more beer than juice! This is probably the ultimate dream of an alcoholic.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the pleasure to win the Nobel Prize.

The more she understands it, the more she discovers that the beer culture is broad and profound. Gradually, Zhen Tian can no longer only taste the bitterness of beer, but can also taste the complex flavors within each type of beer.

Later, she gradually forgot about the many things related to Chen Zui, and only beer remained in her life.

After closing up the store, Zhen Tian switched to her alternate account on the way home, only to find that Zhou Keye had sent her a message asking her out to eat. Considering that it is so late now, Zhen Tian plans to reply to him tomorrow.

She put down the phone and collapsed on her seat. These two days have been really tiring. She always thought that no one watches the morning news. She didn't expect the results of the program to be so good.

Probably because she was too tired, Zhen Tian slept very well that night. At noon, she finally replied to Zhou Keye.

Godzilla: Sorry. I saw that it was already very late last night so I didn’t want to disturb your rest

Godzilla: Speaking of which, I forgot to ask you yesterday, how did you find me [laugh cry]

Pliny the Elder: I will tell you the next time we meet [smile]

Godzilla: I have time this afternoon, or you can come to my store today to eat [doge.jpg]

Pliny the Elder: Let's go out to eat, your store is very busy. Also, I have to pick up my niece today

Godzilla: Your niece? Is she studying in A City?

Pliny the Elder: Yes, she’s in the third grade and is very cute. If there’s ever a chance, I will introduce her to you.

Godzilla: Okay

Speaking of cute children, Zhen Tian thought of Chen Yiran again. Today is Monday. Don’t know if he went to school today.

Although Chen Yiran is usually naughty, he still obediently attends class and his grades are high. Several girls in class like him but he is not interested. The one he pays attention to most is the class monitor Zhou Huihui.

But things have changed today because he noticed the man standing next to Zhou Huihui! It is that man Zhou Keye!

At first, he thought it was just his imagination. When he walked in to take a look, he could confirm that it was the man who came to look for Sister Zhen Tian yesterday.

In the past, it was Zhou Huihui’s grandmother who came to pick her up, but today it was this man...Wait, both of them are surnamed Zhou, are they relatives?

Chen Yiran silently walked over and greeted Zhou Huihui, “Huihui, why didn’t your grandmother pick you up today?”

Seeing that it was Chen Yiran, Zhou Huihui said, "My uncle came back to take me out to eat delicious food today. By the way, why didn't your uncle come to pick you up?" She wanted to see that handsome brother again.

"My uncle also came to pick me up to eat that day." Chen Yiran said, looking at Zhou Huihui's uncle.

Zhou Keye recognized him and smiled, “Hey kid, what a coincidence. Are you Huihui’s classmate?”

"Yeah." Chen Yiran greeted him and turned, "I'm going to take the school bus."

Zhou Keye watched him climb onto the school bus and led Zhou Huihui into the car, "Huihui, let's go."

“Okay.” Zhou Huihui obediently climbed in and fastened her seat belt, “Uncle, you know Chen Yiran?”

"His name is Chen Yiran?" Zhou Keye also got in the car and closed the door. "Does he usually go home alone? Where are his parents?"

Zhou Huihui shook her head, “I don’t know, we never saw his parents. But he has a very handsome uncle."

Uncle? Zhou Keye's eyes moved, is it Chen Zui?

“Uncle, can we go to the night market tonight?”

"Okay, we will eat whatever Huihui wants to eat." Zhou Keye smiled and started the car.

While they went to eat delicious food, Chen Yiran on the other hand didn’t even have an appetite. Chen Zui looked at the food he hadn’t touched and asked, “What’s the matter, not feeling well?”

Chen Yiran simply put down his chopsticks and looked at Chen Zui, "Uncle, I saw Zhou Keye again today."

"Zhou Keye?" Chen Zui naturally remembers this name, but how did Chen Yiran meet him? "You went to Zhen Tian's store again?"

"No! He came to our school!" Chen Yiran said angrily, "He is our class monitor's uncle!"

Chen Zui has some impressions of Chen Yiran’s class monitor. It’s a little girl named Zhou Huihui.

What a coincidence.

Seeing that Chen Zui hadn’t spoken, Chen Yiran sighed, "Uncle, I admit that I had some feelings for our monitor before, but things are different now. Since she is Zhou Keye’s niece, it’s impossible for me and her, just like Romeo and Juliet are impossible."

"..." Chen Zui's eyebrows moved. "You read Romeo and Juliet?"

“The teacher showed us the movie during class.”

Chen Zui smiled, "Even if she is not Zhou Keye's niece, it is impossible for you two. You are only in the third grade. What kind of romance can you have?"

Chen Yiran, “....”

“Eat, you don’t need to worry about this kind of thing.” Chen Zui picked up the chopsticks and handed it to him. Chen Yiran took the chopsticks and dejectedly picked up the rice bowl.

Chen Zui didn’t say anything but he is still bothered by Zhou Keye’s sudden appearance. Before going to bed that night, he sent a message to Zhen Tian to meet up.

Zhen Tian: My bar is closed on Thursdays, so I am free that day. Is that okay?

Chen Zui: Yes.

Zhen Tian: Okay. How has Chen Yiran been these days?

Chen Zui: Okay. If you don’t mind, I want to bring him with me the next time we meet.

Zhen Tian: I don’t mind. He is very cute. [smile]

Chen Zui felt that he must have been delusional lately. He could simply smile just from receiving a happy emoji from Zhen Tian.

Chen Zui: Then we'll see you on Thursday. I can give your mother an autograph along the way

Zhen Tian: Hahahaha I almost forgot if you didn’t mention it! But it’s nothing. My mother said that it’s not rare to get an autograph. If you have the ability, you should bring the real person.

Chen Zui's eyes darkened slightly.

[Zhen Tian deleted a message]

Zhen Tian: Hahahahaha

Zhen Tian: You didn't see anything!

Chen Zui: I saw it ^_^

“....” Zhen Tian wanted to drop dead on the spot. Why did she have to say what was on her mind?

Zhen Tian: Good night, senior, go to bed. I need to get back to work!

Zhen Tian ran away.

Chen Zui stared at her messages and smiled.

The next day, Zhen Tian went out for lunch again at noon. When Ms. Wang Shuzhen saw her coming out, she stared at her guardedly, "Meeting your friend again?"

“En.”

“With the same friend from last time?”

"No." Zhen Tian walked to the door and changed her shoes.

Ms. Wang Shuzhen didn’t understand, “Why are you so half-hearted?”

“....I told you, the person from last time is not my boyfriend!” Zhen Tian couldn’t help but raise her voice. 

Ms. Wang Shuzhen covered her ears and nodded, “I know, I know. Why do you have so many friends all of a sudden?”

Ms. Wang Shuzhen couldn’t be blamed for asking this. Previously, they asked Zhen Tian to go out and hang with her friends but she didn’t go. Recently, not a few days have passed and she has met up with two friends.

“He’s in the beer industry. He owns a brewery.”

Ms. Wang Shuzhen twitched her lips.

“I’m leaving. I’m going straight to the bar after lunch.” Zhen Tian carried her bag and walked out the door. Once she left, Ms. Wang Shuzhen texted Old Zhen again.

Wife: Your daughter went out to see a friend again/

Old Zhen: Was it the same as last time?

Wife: No, but it seems to also be a man. But your daughter isn’t wearing a new dress today, so he should not be as important as last time.

Old Zhen: ….

No one is allowed to hook up with his daughter!

The place Zhou Keye arranged to meet up at is a high-end restaurant near ABA station. When Zhen Tian drove past the ABA building, she subconsciously slowed down and looked at the building.

This is where her senior works. She is curious about what he is doing right now.

The car drove past the ABA building, turned a corner, and reached the place where Zhou Keye was invited to go. Zhou Keye was sitting by the window, and when he saw Zhen Tian passing by, he waved to her. Zhen Tian smiled and walked in quickly.

Zhou Keye stood up and waited for her to walk over. He also helped her to pull out the chair for her to sit.

“Thank you.” Zhen Tian adjusted her dress and sat down. Zhou Keye walked to the opposite side, took out a paper bag from the side, and handed it to Zhen Tian, "This is for you, I hope you will like it."

"Ah, you are too polite." Zhen Tian took it embarrassedly, opened the paper bag, and looked inside. There were a few bottles of beer inside. There was no label on them, but Zhen Tian could still judge what type of beer it was through the bottle cap, "Westvleteren 12?"

She was a little surprised. Westvleteren 12 has long been the number-one beer in the world. This beer is not publicly sold and only accepts orders through the phone. After getting an appointment, one has to go to the monastery to pick up the beer. Because the phone booking requirements are very strict, when going to pick up the beer, they have to double-check that the Belgian license plate matches the one who ordered it. Also, there is a limit on the number of purchases one can make at a time, so the price is very high in the markets.

There was someone in their beer group who complained that they made hundreds of phone calls and were still unable to make an appointment.

Zhou Keye smiled, “I happen to have a friend working in Belgium who was lucky enough to book it. I brought a few bottles for you to try it.”

“Gosh, Father Pliny will always be Father Pliny!” Zhen Tian was so excited she called him father again, “Thank you, Father Pliny!”

Deng Liyang had just finished his show and came out for lunch with Chen Zui. When they walked past a restaurant, Chen Zui suddenly stopped. Deng Liyang looked at him strangely and followed his gaze.

Inside the floor-to-ceiling windows of the restaurant, Zhen Tian is talking happily with a man he doesn't know.

"What's the situation?" Deng Liyang looked at Chen Zui, "Who is that man?"

Chen Zui didn't say a word. He stared at the two people in the French window with a frightened expression.

Deng Liyang was shocked to see this. Chen Zui is usually scary enough but now his calm expression can frighten people, "Brother, calm down, we’re near the TV station."

Deng Liyang was afraid Chen Zui would rush to hit someone. Deng Liyang had also heard about his past. He used to be a local tyrant at his school and getting into fights is common for him. But now that they’re adults….how could they fight in public?

The corners of Chen Zui's mouth straightened. He retracted his gaze and walked inside, "Let's eat here."

Comments