Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Twelve Units of Sweetness: Chapter 18


Chen Zui took the script back to his seat and first called Deng Liyang. Tian Sen didn't clearly say what happened so he doesn't know how Deng Liyang is doing.

After he dialed his phone, it took a long time for someone to pick it up. Deng Liyang's bitter voice came from the receiver, "Zui’er, I'm such a miserable man."

Chen Zui was silent for a while, "It seems that you are fine, I ‘m hanging up."

"Wait! Who says I'm okay, my hand is in a cast!" Deng Liyang yelled at the phone.

Chen Zui moved the phone away from his ear, “I’m filling in for your show later. I’ll visit you in the hospital when it is over.”

"Zui’er, you’re so good to me. I am in room 504 at Central Hospital. Remember to bring more food."

Chen Zui helplessly shook his head, “Got it.”

After talking to Deng Liyang, Chen Zui was relieved. He sounds very energetic so he shouldn’t be in serious harm. He put the phone aside, picked up the pen on the desk, and looked down at the press release.

At 10:30, Chen Zui sorted out the script and prepared to go to the clothing room to change clothes for the noon news. As soon as I stood up, he received a new WeChat message from Zhen Tian.

Zhen Tian thought about it last night and concluded that Chen Zui was angry that afternoon. She wanted to send a message to Chen Zui yesterday, but she didn't dare. Thinking that tomorrow was Thursday and making plans to have lunch, she just took this opportunity to probe Chen Zui's tone.

Zhen Tian: Senior, where are we going to eat tomorrow? ^_^

Chen Zui's brows moved slightly. Because of Deng Liyang's affairs, his appointment with Zhen Tian has to be postponed, "Sorry, Deng Liyang is in the hospital. I have to take over for the afternoon news in the next few days. I may not be able to come out tomorrow."

Zhen Tian: Ah? Brother Deng is in the hospital? Is it serious?

Chen Zui: He said his arm is in a cast. It shouldn’t be that serious

Zhen Tian: His arm is in a cast. How is it not serious? [covers face]

Chen Zui thought for a while and replied, "I'm going to see him in the hospital this afternoon. Do you want to go together?"

Zhen Tian: Okay when?

Chen Zui: The broadcast ends at 12:30

Zhen Tian: Then I will wait for you downstairs at the ABA station! I will get ready now!

Chen Zui: You don’t need to come so early

Zhen Tian: Haha, I'm actually still in bed [haha.jpg] I mean I’m getting up right now

Chen Zui laughed and replied, "Okay, I will wait for you in the ABA building after I get off work."

Zhen Tian: Ok, see you soon

Chen Zui: See you

Zhen Tian took the phone and sat up happily from the bed. She finally reconciled with her senior. Although she feels a little sorry for Brother Deng, she still has to thank him for his self-sacrifice.

When she happily skipped down the stairs, Ms. Wang Shuzhen stopped her and scrutinized, “Tell me, which one of your beer enthusiast friends are you meeting today?”

Zhen Tian, “....”

“Don’t be tricked by Zhen Xi.” Zhen Tian curled her lips and picked up Pudding who was by her feet, "A friend of mine was hospitalized. I am going to the hospital to visit him."

This made Ms. Wang Shuzhen even more puzzled, "Your friend is in the hospital? You are jumping so happily because your friend is in the hospital?"

Zhen Tian, “.....”

Uh, it seems like she was acting a little too happy.

“Chen Zui, it’s almost time to get ready.” At ABA Station, Noon 60 Minutes 's female anchor, Du Yuting got up from her seat with her script and reminded Chen Zui along the way.

Ten minutes before the noon news started, Chen Zui and Du Yuting sat in the studio and finally got acquainted with the script. "It's your first time broadcasting for Noon 60 Minutes. Are you nervous?" Du Yuting asked Chen Zui.

“I’m fine.”

“Good luck.”

“En.”

Ten seconds before the recording started, Chen Zui’s professional smile was plastered on his face. When the director reached "one", the two looked at the camera at the same time.

"Good afternoon, everyone, welcome to today's 60, I am the host Du Yuting."

“I’m Chen Zui.”

"Today's main news is..."

Du Yuting and Chen Zui reported the news interactively. Their rhythm matched very well as if it was not their first time working together.

Tian Sen specially came over to the studio to watch the recording today. Seeing Chen Zui perform steadily, he could finally be rest assured. “Chen Zui is not bad.”

The director next to him laughed, “How long has he been hosting the morning news? There is not much difference between the morning news and the noon news."

Tian Sen raised his eyebrows, "Since it's going well, I'll go work on something else. Pay attention."

"Do not worry."

The noon news is only an hour. For Chen Zui, it is actually easier than the three-hour morning news. After the news, Du Yuting sorted out her papers and said to him, “Your hosting style is quite stable.”

"It was mainly brought by your guidance."

“No, when you first entered the station I could guide you. At present, I can’t do that anymore.” Just earlier while they were broadcasting, it was mainly Chen Zui matching her rhythm.

The two chatted and walked back to the office area. Seeing them coming back, the female intern anchor rushed up to Chen Zui with her mobile phone, "Teacher Chen, you are on Weibo!"

Chen Zui was stunned. Although he was on TV every day, he really hadn't been on Weibo. However, he rarely reads Weibo and doesn't care much about what goes on in the platform.

Du Yuting, who came back with him, was very interested, "What Weibo? Show me."

"It’s this post from a well-known webtoon artist!”

Du Yuting looked at the phone screen and saw a screenshot of Chen Zui's hosting of Noon 60 Minutes.

Zhen Guo_You You V: These days back in my hometown, when my mother called me out of my room for lunch this afternoon, my dad was watching the news. Are news anchors these days so handsome? Within three minutes, I want to know everything about this man [smile]

"There are thousands of comments, look!"

Du Yuting listened to her and clicked on a comment section.

"Sister Youyou, five minutes [doge]"

“This is the main anchor for the morning news show This Morning Headline, Chen Zui. As for why he is broadcasting for the noon news today, I don’t know.”

“Ahhh, he is so handsome!”

"Hahahahaha just now when I was drooling over this little brother’s face, my mother came over and saw it. Then she asked isn’t he Chen Zui'er hahahaha! This is the first time my mother has known my husband before me!"

“I just searched him up and found that he is known as “Housewive’s Favorite” [doge] Let me ask if my mom knows this son-in-law [doge]”

"From today onwards, Chen Zui is more than just housewife’s favorite [cute] I unilaterally declare my love"

“Damn, I specially went to watch some broadcasts of This Morning Headline. It is really precious.[image]”

Many of the commenters posted screenshots from the news. Soon, the entire comments section was filled with pictures.

"Chen Zui, I think you are going to be popular." Du Yuting looked at Chen Zui beside her.

Chen Zui glanced at the phone and didn't take it seriously, "They are just temporarily interested, they will forget about it later."

"Don't underestimate the strength of these star-chasing girls." Du Yuting couldn't agree.

Chen Zui curled his lower lip slightly, and walked over to his desk, "They are good at chasing celebrities, but I am not a celebrity"

Celebrities have a lot of material on them for fans to obsess about, but he is just an anchor for a news program. They simply feel is a new face and will get bored after a few days.

Chen Zui didn't care about this incident which caused a small wave on the Internet. Skipping lunch, he changed his clothes and clocked out of work. While waiting for the elevator, he sent a message to Zhen Tian, "I'm down, are you here?"

Zhen Tian: I’m here, I took a taxi over. I’m standing at the front entrance of the ABA building. You can see me when you come out!

Chen Zui laughed. He has to go to the underground garage to pick up the car. If she stood at the exit of the garage, he could see her at a glance. But he didn't say these words, and only replied with the word "okay.”

After getting into his car, Chen Zui drove in the direction of the main entrance and saw Zhen Tian from a distance.

It was a little cooler today. She wore a thin coat on top of her dress and was looking around. Chen Zui drove the car over and stopped in front of her.

Zhen Tian recognized Chen Zui’s car. When it drove past her, she walked over to its side. Chen Zui lowered the window and smiled at her, “Have you been waiting a long time?”

“No, I just arrived.”

“Get in the car.”

“Ok.”

Zhen Tian got in the passenger seat and put the gift in the back seat. While he waited for her to put the seat belt on, Chen Zui glanced in the back seat, “What did you buy for him?”

"Just some fruits and milk, I don't know what he can eat." Zhen Tian said, and asked Chen Zui, "Senior, you haven’t eaten yet right?"

The noon news was broadcast until 12:30, and it was only 12:40. He must have had no time to eat.

Chen Zui nodded, “En, I was planning on eating after visiting Deng Liyang in the hospital.”

“I haven’t eaten yet so let’s eat together.”

Chen Zui smiled at her and started the car, “Ok.”

The patient Deng Liyang in the inpatient ward is in a very bad mood. He didn't know how he could be so miserable. His arm is in a plaster and the two people who came to visit him are in a good mood?

“Brother Deng, these are you for. Hope you get well soon.” Zhen Tian put the gift on the table and smiled at Deng Liyang.

Deng Liyang tragically cried, “Junior sister, my hand is in a cast. How can I eat them?”

Zhen Tian looked at his hand, “Do you want me to peel a fruit for you?”

Before Deng Liyang could agree, Chen Zui stopped Zhen Tian, “You put it back. I’ll peel it for him.”

"Oh, good." Zhen Tian obediently put the fruit back in place.

Deng Liyang, “....”

What’s going on? Can she cut a fruit for a patient? Is there a need to be jealous of this?

He stared at Chen Zui with a burning gaze. Chen Zui calmly picked up the fruit knife and helped him to cut the apple, "You are in the hospital, why didn't Li Miao come?"

Deng Liyang hummed twice, "She was here in the morning. She went to work when she heard you were coming this afternoon."

After hearing what he said, Zhen Tian asked curiously, "Brother Deng, I heard that you had a fight with Miaomiao? You are a man, how can you get into a fight with a girl?"

Deng Liyang immediately exploded on his hospital bed, “Who spread this rumor!”

Chen Zui calmly replied, “Tian Sen.”

….Tian Sen’s name has a deterrent effect and Deng Liyang calmed down, "How can I hurt Miao Miao, it is clearly she who hit me."

“Ah? Brother Deng, you got beat up?" Zhen Tian looked up and down Deng Liyang, and saw that except for his plastered hand, there were only minor scratches on his body. "I don't think you have any other injuries on your body."

"With just her small arms and legs, can she really hurt me?" Deng Liyang said, "Before she could beat me up, she almost fell down the stairs. I went to pull her up but fell instead."

"Uh..." Zhen Tian savored his injury experience. "If you think about it, it was better you fell than Miaomiao right?"

“....” Right.

"Okay, eat an apple." Chen Zui handed the cut apple to Deng Liyang, who continued with his good hand and took a bite.

"The apples that the junior sister bought are good, sweet, and crisp." Deng Liyang said ambiguously.

“Hahaha, as long as you like it.”

Chen Zui stared at Deng Liyang, a sneer flashed in his eyes, "Since you are fine, we’re going to leave."

Hearing Chen Zui say that he was leaving, Zhen Tian also picked up her bag and waved to Deng Liyang, "Then goodbye, Brother Deng. We’ll come visit you tomorrow."

"Well, junior sister knows to care for people, unlike someone who is an expressionless killer.”

Chen Zui snorted, "The killer with no expression you just mentioned, helped you broadcast the news and didn't eat lunch and instead came to the hospital to see you."

Deng Liyang’s anger dwindled, but he still insisted, "Don't think I don't know. You didn’t eat so you can eat with junior sister later."

Chen Zui granned Zhen Tian’s wrist and walked out of the room, “We’re going to go eat. Goodbye.”

Deng Liyang, “....”

In front of the elevator, Zhen Tian looked at her wrist held by Chen Zui and felt that the place was hot. Chen Zui followed her gaze and found he was still holding her wrist.

"Sorry." Chen Zui took his hand back. Zhen Tian shook her head and smiled at him.

In fact, she didn't mind him holding her for a while.

"Where do you want to go for lunch?" Chen Zui asked.

Zhen Tian thought that Chen Zui had to get up early to work in the morning, and also had to help Deng Liyang broadcast the news at noon. Now that he has worked for many hours, she doesn't want to go too far to eat, "Let’s just eat near the hospital, you must be hungry ."

Chen Zui smiled and looked at her, "I'm fine, but I'm afraid you might be hungry."

“En, I’m hungry. Let’s eat somewhere near the hospital.”

“Okay.” Chen Zui’s smile widened.

There were still a lot of restaurants near the hospital. The two of them found a Chinese restaurant that looked pretty good and went in and sat down.

"Look at what you want to eat." Chen Zui handed Zhen Tian the menu. Zhen Tian just turned a page when the cell phone rang next to him. She took a glance at it and saw it was a message from Ah Zhong.

Ah Zhong: Boss, look at Weibo, anchor Chen is on hot search!

Ah Zhong was very considerate. To prevent Zhen Tian from quitting the application and opening Weibo, he specially sent her a screenshot.

“ABA News Anchor Chen Zui” entered the top ten.

Comments