Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Twelve Units of Sweetness: Chapter 40


Although Zhen Tian was unhappy that there were people online talking about how compatible Chen Zui and Shu Xuan were, she didn’t bring it up to him. She got off Weibo and picked a hotpot restaurant for the next day and sent it to Chen Zui.

Chen Zui: Ok, will you come to the station tomorrow or head straight to the restaurant?

Zhen Tian: I’ll go directly to the restaurant. The business is very good so if I don’t arrive in time, I won’t be able to reserve a seat.

Chen Zui: Ok, you go first and I will go right after I get off work.

Zhen Tian: En, I haven’t had hot pot in a while so I look forward to it!

Chen Zui: I am also looking forward to it.

Zhen Tian remembered that she hadn’t told him her brothers wanted to meet him and smiled maliciously.

Zhen Tian: :)

Chen Zui: Your smile is offputting

Zhen Tian: Hahaha

She didn’t expect him to be so keen on this aspect.

Zhen Tian: See you tomorrow. Rest early.

Chen Zui: Are you not going to give me a goodnight kiss?

Zhen Tian: Goodnight kiss

Chen Zui: ….

He laughed and put his phone aside. Forget it, he can kiss her tomorrow.

Ever since they started dating, Zhen Tian has been getting up earlier and earlier. Before it was even 11, she had already showered, done her makeup, dressed up, and came downstairs. Seeing her like this Miss Wang Shuzhen knows that she is going out with Chen Zui, “Are you going on a date with Chen Zui again today?”

“En, we’re going to eat hotpot.” Zhen Tian walked to the living room. Pudding ran up to her, raised his head, and barked at her.

Zhen Tian picked up Pudding and stroked his fur, "Pudding has grown a lot."

“Woof.” Hearing Zhen Tian call his name, Pudding leaned forward trying to lick her face.

Zhen Tian hurriedly hugged him away from her face, “Pudding, my face is covered in foundation. Don’t lick it.”

“Woof!”

Ms. Wang Shuzhen took Pudding from her hand, “Ok, give me Pudding. You can go.”

“Oh.” Zhen Tian took out her foundation from her bag and touched up her makeup before walking out.

The hotpot restaurant she picked is located on a commercial street near Lize Park, which is a little far from the city center. This restaurant has a long-established reputation and has many branches in A City but Zhen Tian likes the one near Lize Park the most.

The surrounding environment of the restaurant is beautiful. Sitting upstairs by the window, one can get a good view of Lize Park when looking out.

She chose to come first was also to get a good seat by the window.

After going upstairs, she found that there were only two tables left by the window. Zhen Tian chose the one with the better view and sent a message to Chen Zui that she had arrived.

Chen Zui was just about to set off at this time. It would take around half an hour to get there so he had Zhen Tian order some snacks first.

Zhen Tian: No, if I eat snacks, I won’t have space for hotpot! I’m not that hungry yet so I will wait for you first!

Chen Zui helplessly smiled and said he would arrive as fast as possible.

He coolly got off work at ease, leaving Deng Liyang, who just finished the noon broadcast all alone. Ever since Chen Zui started dating, he never had time to have lunch with him! He felt abandoned!

He felt that he too needs to get in a relationship as soon as possible.

Chen Zui didn’t encounter any roadblocks along the way so it only took 20 minutes to arrive. Zhen Tian had ordered the dishes so when she saw him arrive, she let the waiter start serving. Chen Zui took off his suit jacket and sat across from her, “Are you hungry?”

“I’m still good. You can go make your dipping sauce and get some snacks along the way. I’ll watch our stuff.”

Chen Zui laughed, “You’re not worried you won’t be able to eat much later?”

“The hotpot will be here soon, it doesn’t matter if I eat now!”

Chen Zui smiled and stood up, “Wait for me.”

Rather than make his dipping sauce, he brought over some food for Zhen Tian first. “Cold noodles and pumpkin porridge. This restaurant is well-known for its pumpkin porridge. Do you also want some ice jelly?”

Zhen Tian looked up at him with a raised brow, “Do you come here often?”

“Not really, but I really like hotpot. I’ve basically been to all the well-known hotpot restaurants in A City.”

Zhen Tian had eaten with Chen Zui multiple times and had always matched his taste to the other person’s preference as if he had no preference of his own. This is the first time he clearly stated what he likes, “Then we will eat hotpot more often in the future. I also really like it. By the way, do you like to eat skewers?”

“Yes, I will take you to eat it next time.” Chen Zui smiled and put down the dishes he brought over. Then he went to make it sauce. When he came back, the pot was already boiling and Zhen Tian was already busy putting food in.

“Senior, do you want beef tripe? I also ordered duck intestine and beef!” Zhen Tian was busy cooking the food but didn’t forget to greet Chen Zui. Chen Zui smiled at her, “What do you want to eat? I will cook it for you.”

“Wow, Senior is so amazing!” Those were the most romantic words Zhen Tian has heard as she looked at him with sparkling eyes, “I want everything!”

Chen Zui chuckled. He first cooks a piece of beef tripe for her then a strip of beef.

Zhen Tian finished serving the dishes and started eating. Chen Zui saw her burying her head, ready to stuff her mouth, and reminded her, “It’s still hot, don’t burn yourself.”

“En.” Zhen Tian superficially responded yet still put the beef tripe in her mouth, “Oh, the beef tripe you cook is delicious.”

Chen Zui picked up a piece of duck intestine and dunk it in the broth, “Your mouth is so sweet. Are you trying to persuade me to continue cooking it for you?”

Zhen Tian blinked at him, “Why don’t I boil for me and I boil for you? I think it will taste twice as delicious!”

The waiter who just so happens to be refilling their tea, “....”

These days, young couples are throwing their dog food in different ways, hehe.

Zhen Tian wasn’t all talk. She actually picked up a piece of tripe and cooked it for him, “The beef tripe I cooked is almost ready. You can get it.”

“Don’t worry, eat yours first.”

The corner of the waiter’s eyes twitched as he scurried away after filling their tea.

The beef tripe only takes a few seconds to cook. Zhen Tian counted the second in her heart and when she felt that it was almost done, she put it in Chen Zui’s bowl, “It’s done!”

Chen Zui tasted it and raised his head, “Your way of cooking is not bad. It tastes better than mine.”

“Heehe.” Zhen Tian smiled smugly and picked out the tripe from the pot, “By the way, remember when I said I have something to tell you?”

“En, what is it?” Chen Zui picked up his tea cup and took a sip.

“My brothers want to meet you.”

Chen Zui’s action of cooking the beef stopped as he looked up at her, “Brothers? I thought Zhen Xi was your only brother?”

“Uh…there are also my cousins.” Zhen Tian coughed, “They are close to Zhen Xi so he must have told them.”

Chen Zui thought about it and handed the beef to Zhen Tian, “Did they say when?”

“No, their work hours are quite flexible so they will work around your schedule.”

“Then how about this: I will talk to my supervisor about taking a weekend off. That way, I can bring Chen Yiran with me and you can also bring your parents along.”

“Okay!” Zhen Tian thought this plan is really good. With Ms. Wang Shuzhen around, Zhen Xi and the others would not dare to blatantly bully Chen Zui.

“Since there is going to be a lot of people, let’s make it an outing and go to the beach for a barbeque. What do you think?”

“That’s a good idea!” Zhen Tian fervently nodded, “I will tell them when I get home!”

Chen Zui smiled, “Then I will notify you when I have settled my weekend schedule.”

“Okay.” Zhen Tian paused and worriedly asked, “Do you think my family is troublesome?”

They haven’t been together for too long and are already pestering to meet him.

“No, I know they just care about you. From my perspective, if my daughter gets a boyfriend in the future, I would be very nervous.”

When he mentions daughters, Zhen Tian took the opportunity to ask, “You like daughters?”

Chen Zui looked at her and quirked his lips, “I like our daughter.”

Zhen Tian’s face turned red.

Chen Zui was in a happy mood. He looked out to Lize Park and looked back at Zhen Tian, “After eating, let’s go to the lake.”

There is a large lake in Lize Park with many seasonal flowers planted around it. At this time, it is the season of warm spring and the flowers are blooming beautifully. At this time of the year, many people would row boats out to the lake and enjoy the scenery.

Zhen Tian was also interested when she heard this, “Okay, I haven’t been to Lize Park in a while.”

The lake in Lize Park is very big and there are a variety of paddle boats parked at the lakeside. Zhen Tian chose a small yellow duck boat and sat in it with Chen Zui.

The two pushed the pedals and slowly drove the boat into the lake. Chen Zui held the steering wheel and steered it to the center of the lake. As they got closer, they slowed down and leisurely enjoyed the surrounding scenery.

Chen Zui didn’t pay much attention to the scenery but stared at Zhen Tian who was seated next to him, “Right now, it feels like there is only the two of us in the world. That’s nice.”

Zhen Tian froze and turned her head, her ears red, “There clearly are a lot of people outside.”

“But in this small boat, the world only consists of you and me.”

Chen Zui's voice is deep and sweet, with a sultry magnetism. It is especially suitable for love talk. Even though Zhen Tian had heard him say a lot during their time together, she still couldn’t resist asking, "Senior, do the anchors of your TV station have to be trained in love talk?"

Chen Zui chuckled and kissed her forehead. He looked at her intently, “Facing you, it comes naturally.”

He is too close, and his breath fell on her face. Although the interior of the boat was a relatively closed space, there were no coverings, and one could clearly see what the people inside were doing from the outside. Zhen Tian was very shy due to his intimate behavior. He probably wasn’t interested in rowing the boat but getting intimate with her.

“Currently, you are very popular online, you must pay attention to your influence.” Zhen Tian educated.

Chen Zui didn't restrain himself, and stayed so close to her: "Oh, then should I wear a mask? It's still not good, I can't kiss you if I wear a mask."

“...” I don’t want you to kiss me. There are people watching!

Sensing the gazes of the people around him, Chen Zui finally distanced himself from Zhen Tian. In the afternoon under the light breeze, the two enjoyed the time that only belonged to them on the lake. Chen Zui held Zhen Tian's hand, thinking that he could spend another afternoon like this on the lake.

Thirty minutes later, Zhen Tian anxiously yelled, “Ah, time’s up. We only rented the boat for half an hour!”

Chen Zui, “….Oh” :)

Comments