Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Twelve Units of Sweetness: Chapter 42


“Phone?” Zhen Tian was taken aback by Chen Zui’s question, “Ah, my phone died. Since all the plugs by the bar are being used, I have to charge it in the lounge.”

After he heard her explanation, Chen Zui’s anger was reduced by half. He glanced at Zhou Keye and sat in the empty seat next to him, “Zhou Keye came to A City again?”

Zhou Keye held the half-drunken beer in his hand and smiled at him insincerely, “En, I just arrived this afternoon.”

“You looked for Zhen Tian as soon as you arrived?” Chen Zui’s smile was even more insincere, “Why do you need to look for her?”

“It is none of your concern.”

As the two went back and forth, there seemed to be some invisible sparks bursting in the air. Ah Zhong was wiping the beer mugs at the side watching the scene in interest. He almost shouted, “Fight, fight.”

Zhen Tian also noticed the tension between the two and hurried to smooth things over, “Zhou Keye’s brewery is preparing to participate in this year's domestic beer competition. He wants to invite me as a participant representing him.”

“Beer competition?” As a frequent beer drinker for many years and a news anchor who has done some specials about beer, Chen Zui is familiar with these competitions. However, he’s never heard of one being held domestically. “There will be a domestic beer competition this year?”

“En, it is the first one. It is also an international competition!” Zhen Tian was excitedly talking about this. Many countries have professional beer competitions. In the past, there are domestic teams that have gone abroad to participate. Now, they finally have their own domestic competition.

“Oh.” Chen Zui thoughtfully nodded, “How has the discussion been?”

“We just started talking about it when you arrived.” Zhen Tian rubbed the tip of her nose and picked up a clean glass from the storage, “Do you want something to drink?”

“No need.” Chen Zui shook his head, “Give me a plate of fried rice.”

“Ok, you haven’t eaten yet?” Zhen Tian asked while placing his order.

“En, you didn’t answer any of your calls. I was worried something happened to you so I rushed over.”

“Ah….I’m sorry. Next time I will keep my phone with me when it is charging.” Zhan Tian said apologetically, “Why are you looking for me?”

“It’s complicated. I’ll wait for you to finish your conversation with Mr. Zhou first and we can slowly discuss it.” Chen Zui smiled as his eyes fell on Zhou Keye. Zhou Keye smiled, stood up, and said to Zhen Tian, “Since Mr. Chen has something to discuss with you, I’ll leave first. We can talk another day.”

Another day? Chen Zui sneered. He is relentless.

“Then take care. Remember not to drive.” Zhen Tian reminded him.

“En, I know. I will call a substitute driver. Zhou Keye gathered his bearings and looked sideways at Chen Zui, “See you, Mr. Chen.”

“See you later.” Chen Zui blankly replied and watched him leave the beer house. “Do you often contact each other in private?”

“No, I was also taken aback when he appeared suddenly.” Zhen Tian propped her hands on the bar and looked at Chen Zui, “Why are you looking for me so urgently? What’s the matter?”

“Hm….” Chen Zui didn’t know what to say, “Did you see the hot search today?”

Zhen Tian lightly raised her brow, “Are you talking about your and Shu Xuan’s topic?”

Actually, she had already guessed Chen Zui was looking for her about this but didn’t want to embarrass him.

“En.” Chen Zui nodded and coughed uncomfortably, “I did invite her for a meal at noon because she wanted to understand what it’s like being a news anchor and asked me for some information. She mentioned this matter for a while and I didn’t want to keep putting it off, so I agreed. I didn’t expect to be photographed by the paparazzo following her and posted online.”

“Oh…” After hearing the whole story, Zhen Tian nodded, “I don’t believe what the paparazzo said but Ms. Wang Shuzhen saw it and believed it.”

“...” Although Chen Zui looked calm on the surface, he was panicking inside, “Can you give me Auntie’s phone number? Let me explain it to her, or would it be better to explain it in person?”

Zhen Tian couldn’t help but laugh seeing him like this, “I’m joking. Ms. Wang Shuzhen is your fanatic fan. She most definitely believes in you.”

Chen Zui helplessly glanced at her. Although he was relieved, he still frowned, “I should still call her and explain.”

“It’s okay. I will tell her when I go back. You just need to coax me well.”

Chen Zui was slightly taken aback. Then he smiled at her, “How do you want me to coax you?”

“Let me think about it.” As Zhen Tian said this, Chen Zui’s fried rice was ready. He didn’t drink alcohol so Zhen Tian poured him a glass of lemonade. “When you told me you were meeting up with someone for a meal, why didn’t you tell me it was with Shu Xuan?”

Chen Zui’s hand which was holding the spoon paused as he looked up at her, “You didn’t ask.”

“Are you blaming me?”

“...No.”

Zhen Tian curled her lips, “I didn’t think it was important so I didn’t ask.”

Chen Zui also raised the corner of his lips, “I also didn’t think she is important so I didn’t say anything.”

Chen Zui more or less knows of Shu Xuan’s reputation so he believes Zhen Tian must know too. Chen Zui didn’t tell Zhen Tian mostly because he didn’t want her to think too much. He thought it was just an interview so he didn’t tell her. He just didn’t expect to be photographed by the paparazzi and make a huge fuss.

Naturally, Zhen Tian was happy to hear him say Shu Xuan is not important. However, she didn’t show it on her face and revealed to him that she was easy to coax, “If I asked you back then, would you tell me truthfully?”

“Of course.”

Chen Zui’s expression was serious as he said this so Zhen Tian naturally believed him. She thought and said, “Then I will ask next time.”

Even though in the morning she told Ms. Wang Shuzhen she wants to give him space, Chen Zui is famous now. It is best to sacrifice some freedom so there won’t be misunderstandings in the future.

Unexpectedly, after hearing these words, Chen Zui smiled, “You don’t need to.”

"Why?" Didn't he just tell her that he would be honest with her?! Sure enough, as Ms. Wang Shuzhen said, you can’t trust what comes out of a man’s mouth. !

Chen Zui held her hand from across the bar and looked at her, “Because in the future, I won’t eat alone with another woman besides you.”

It is enough to make this kind of mistake once. This time, he did not think carefully and gave others the opportunity to take advantage of him. This will not happen again.

Zhen Tian didn't expect him to say that. She was very happy to hear such words, but it doesn't seem too good, does it? "That's not what I meant, I just..."

"I know, but I don't want this kind of thing to happen again, it's better for me to keep myself clean." Chen Zui interrupted and smiled at her.

“....” Why is senior so nice and gentle! She can’t hold it anymore!!

So, she decided not to hold it in anymore.

She leaned over and kissed Chen Zui on the lips.

Chen Zui's eyes moved. After she moved back, he stroked his lips where Zhen Tian had just kissed, "You are too cunning."

“Huh?” Why is she cunning? At most, she was a little roguish.

“You kiss me here but I can’t kiss you back.” Chen Zui looked at her, his eyes deepened, “My kiss won’t be so light.”

Zhen Tian, “...”

Oh…she is somewhat looking forward to it.

Zhen Tina felt that ever since she got together with Chen Zui, her countenance has changed.

“By the way, are you going to agree to Zhou Keye’s proposal?” Chen Zui asked.

“I haven’t thought about it yet.” Zhen Tian really hasn’t thought about it yet, “His brewery is quite famous. He also won first place in many international competitions. It would be bad if I embarrassed him in the competition.”

“How could you? I drank your beer before, you have the strength.” Even though Chen Zui is not satisfied with Zhou Keye, he can still affirm Zhen Tian’s brewing ability, “He must be optimistic of your strength which is why he invited you.”

Zhen Tian looked at him and laughed, “Actually, I also think the beer I brew is quite delicious! But I still have to think more about the competition.”

“En, but when Zhou Keye asks you out later, you have to tell me.” Chen Zui solemnly announced.

“Oh.” Zhen Tian dumbly nodded, “Senior, are you jealous?”

What she felt before was not wrong. Senior showed some hostility toward Zhou Keye. He was like this even before they were together!

“Yes.” Chen Zui frankly admitted, “I don’t like you being close to him.”

Since he was being so blunt, Zhen Tian lost interest in teasing him. He is acting like an unreasonable kid. Zhen Tian couldn’t help but reach out and pinch his face, “I already told him we are together.”

Chen Zui’s eyes changed again. He smiled at her, “You dare pinch my face just now?”

“Ah….?” Only then did Zhen Tian realize what she had done. She pinched his face. Although she was a little guilty, she didn’t show it on her face. She cleared her throat, “Your face is very pinchable.”

“Ahem, boss lady, don’t just focus on dating! Greet the customers too!” A customer sitting at the bar waiting for a drink had watched enough of the show. He finally knocked the empty beer glass in front of him to remind Zhen Tian.

Zhen Tian was extremely embarrassed all of a sudden. The customer’s voice is not low. Many customers around them heard it and heckled her and Chen Zui.

Zhen Tian really wants to dig a hole and hide in it.

But she couldn’t. Not only that, she had to go to the customer and fill his glass.

Life is really hard. :)

Chen Zui looked at her retreating back and smiled as he ate his fried rice.

Some of the customers recognized he is ABA news anchor Chen Zui. Chen Zui didn’t deny it so everyone looked surprised. It turns out that ABA Anchor Chen is in a relationship with Boss Zhen.

They have first-hand information that is hotter than the paparazzi!

After Chen Zui finished his meal, he drove back home after talking to Zhen Tian a bit more and ordering takeout for Chen Yiran.

Chen Yiran bought two ready-made side dishes downstairs and had them with the rice Chen Zui cooked. When Chen Zui arrived home, he was already doing his homework. Chen Zui knocked on his door and gave him the food he just bought.

While Chen Yiran excitedly unpack the food, he didn’t forget to ask Chen Zui, “Have you resolved the issue? Did you coax Sister Tiantian well?”

It only took Chen Zui a second to figure out he was watching the excitement on Weibo, “How many times do I have to say it, children shouldn’t meddle in adult business.”

“Sister Tiantian’s business is also my business!”

“Oh?”

“Whoever becomes my aunt will affect my quality of life in the future.” Chen Yiran stated, “Anyway, I don’t care. I only recognize Sister Tiantian!”

Chen Zui laughed. He walked over and tossled his hair, “Don’t worry. Your aunt can’t escape.”

Chen Zui is an aloof person. Even if he gets along with Chen Yiran, he rarely acts too intimately. Chen Yiran, who was just rubbed on the head, looked at him in surprise, “It looks like you coaxed Sister Tiantian well.”

Otherwise, how could his uncle be in such a good mood when he was acting so cold on the phone earlier.

“Don’t eat too much at night. You can save some for tomorrow. If there are questions you don’t understand in your homework, skip them for now. I will help you with it after my shower.” Chen Zui didn’t discuss the situation with Zhne Tian anymore. After he said his piece, he walked out of Chen Yiran’s room.

On Weibo, he and Shu Xuan are still trending. Last time, when Chen Yiran’s matter was trending, the TV Station cooperated and issued a clarification statement for him. However, this time, there was no movement on ABA’s official page.

Chen Zui knew that the higher-ups intended to ignore this situation. After all, the new program is about to start, and his and Shu Xuan’s scandal is a hot topic so it would create great publicity for the show.

Although he understood the TV stations’ intention, Chen Zui still personally posted a response.

ABA Chen Zui: I have a girlfriend. My meeting with Teacher Shu is work-related. I didn’t post this to explain anything to you. I just don’t want my girlfriend to be unhappy.

Comments