Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

I Heard You Like Me Too: Chapter 40

With the new school year, updates will be infrequent.


“I really, really, really miss you.” Du Yu Shu smiled happily. She picked up the thermos and hugged it, “As expected, you're the only one who cares about me. Rest assured, in the next lifetime, I won’t be your sister, I will marry you!”

“Then I would be annoyed to death?” Du Yan Su smiled. He looked at Du Yu Shu and gently said, “I didn’t see you for a few days and look how skinny you’ve gotten.”

This chapter is from emeraldmayblossom.blogspot.com. Please read from its original source.
“Did you take good care of yourself?”

When she heard Du Yan Su’s worried tone, Du Yu Shu almost broke down in tears.

She insisted, “How am I skinny. I feel like I have gotten fatter!”

“Silly child.” Du Yan Su softly sighed, “Don’t ever deceive your brother.”

“How could I be your brother if I can't see if you’ve gotten fatter or skinnier”

Du Yu Shu froze and then bit her lower lip like a wronged child. She looked down at the Thermos and didn't speak.

Du Yan Su pretended not to sees her action and smiled, "Shu Shu, let me tell you a story.”

“Don’t you always want to hear about when I studied abroad?” Du Yan Su gently smiled.

“En….” Du Yu Shu vaguely replied.

Du Yan Su smiled and continued, “I had a very good friend there. He is also Asian, tall and skinny, and very handsome. He was very popular on campus and many girls like him too.”

“He has this girl that he likes. She’s small, slender, delicate and pretty, not very eye-catching. But he likes her very much. He confessed to that girl on multiple occasions but she would always reject him.”

“But on campus, there was also another very popular Asian. He had a bad boy vibe about him that makes him popular with the girls. One day, he also confessed to that girl and she accepted it.”

“Within three months, they broke up.”

“This nefarious man is very handsome but that girl was the longest relationship he ever had, even if it only lasted three months.”

“And all of this was to retaliate against my friend, just because of a small feud they had.”

“That man is surnamed Ye.” Du Yan Su stared at her, “There's an old saying, like father, like son. Now it could be extended that brothers are the same.”

“Shu Shu, do you trust this man?” Du Yan Su embraced Du Yu Shu and gently said, “You two have been clashing with each other for years. This man had shown his disdain and distrust toward you on multiple occasions for the past eight years but all of a sudden he started to treat you better. A man cannot change that fast."

“He confessed to you, he said he likes you and wants to be with you.”

“Baby, do you trust him?”

“I….I don’t….” Du Yu Shu clenches her teeth and shook her head, avoiding Du Yan Su’s gaze.

“Silly child, I am your brother, what are you trying to hide.” Du Yan Su distressfully said, “I am not willing to give you to that type of person, you deserve the best. There are better people in the world who are willing to be with you, Shu Shu.”

Ge....” Du Yu Shu’s tears fell down the corner of her eye, “I only...I only want to give it a try….”

“Silly child, no one is going to blame you.” Du Yan Su stroke her head, “If you want to try then take the courage to do so, Shu Shu.”

“I don’t believe that you are a timid child.”

“Baby, I didn’t finish telling you that story, do you want to hear the ending?” Du Yan Su gently smiled at her, his voice carried some distress, “After going around in the circles, the man and the woman ended up together.”

“Originally, the real reason he got together with her was to retaliate against my friend. Their reason for being together was not simple, there was some prejudice and indifference. But after being apart for three months, they couldn’t hide their mutual attraction.”

“In the end, despite the prejudice, resentment, anger, betrayal, and separation, they still ended up together. All those bitter and painful memories led to a newfound sweetness. The past is no longer important to them, they are still together.”

This chapter is from emeraldmayblossom.blogspot.com. Please read from its original source.
“If you really want to give it a try and want to fall in love with him, them be brave,” Du Yan Su’s eyes revealed some complicated emotions, “Shu Shu, don’t live your life in regret.”
This chapter is from emeraldmayblossom.blogspot.com. Please read from its original source.
“Nothing hurts more than being misunderstood."

“Be brave, Shu Shu.”

I know that you will spread your wings one day and leave me to explore the world. When that time comes, the person who will be by your side will not be me.

But until that day comes, I hope I can stay with you to the end to give you all the support and encouragement you need.

If you have the courage, then fly, Shu Shu.

With me here, there’s no need to be afraid.

Comments

  1. Aww, what a good brother, but i wonder who was the friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Probably ye jing an's older brother

      Delete
    2. No no bad boy was ye Jing an's brother I guess,abt the friend we don't know

      Delete
  2. What a good brother!! *Is crying buckets now* I'm sorry for thinking you're a jerk a few chapters ago, Du gege >w<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait who got together with the girl DYS friend or ye king an older brother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brother who wants the best for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment