Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

I Heard You Like Me Too: Chapter 52.2


“Shu Shu….” Song Chen suddenly said, “Did you know? My brother called me today.”

Song Chen quietly put down the chopstick and exposed a smile at Du Yu Shu, “My dad got admitted to the hospital. He was resuscitated but he still hasn’t woken up.”

“My brother didn’t scold me but it is the first time I heard him sound so tired and pained. It is the first time I feel that there is a distance between us. I am his precious little sister, my dad’s most doting daughter. When I was little, whenever I want something, they would always save on food and clothing to buy it for me.”

“But when this matter was exposed, because of me, they don’t dare to even go out. All their neighbors know me and know that I am their child. I could even imagine people looking at them with strange looks outside the operating room.”

“In fact, my brother didn’t tell me why my dad was admitted to the hospital but I can imagine why. A few years ago, he tried to learn how to use Weibo. When he woke up in the morning, the first thing he did was refresh Weibo to see if there are any news about me. He was overwhelmed by the sex scandal and fainted.”

“Shu Shu, do you think I’m a scum?”

Du Yu Shu wished that Song Chen would cry instead. Song Chen’s expression right now is more unsightly than if she were to cry. 

Du Yu Shu hugs her. Song Chen hasn’t even reached the age of thirty but she is already crushed by this matter!

Who should pay for this?

Li Mo Qing? Those money-hungry water navy? Those entertainment reporters?

“I’m very resentful, Shu Shu,” Song Chen’s voice isn’t very loud or soft, even her tone doesn’t have any fluctuations. It was infinitely colder than before, “I hate myself for not seeing clearly, I hate myself for not listening to my parents, I hate Li Mo Qing, but I hate myself even more.”

“But why is retribution not on me, but on my father?”

“The world is big, there are many men with two legs. Why must I pick one who is like this?”

Song Chen mumbled but didn’t shed a tear. Du Yu Shu tightly hugged her, “This is not your fault.”

Only when she said it out loud did she know what she said is useless. 

“Shu Shu, I want to see Li Mo Qing one more time.”

Du Yu Shu quivered, “Ah Chen, don’t do anything stupid! Think of your father. Your brother is still waiting for you!”

“I know,” Song Chen absent-mindedly said, her tone gentle, “I’ve already thought of my family.”

“I want to go see them, I really want to see them.”

“I haven’t seen them in a long time.”

Du Yu Shu felt restless inside. She doesn’t dare to leave Song Chen alone at home but is even more afraid of letting her see Li Mo Qing. She simply called Wang Jie to have her contact Du Yan Su to deal with this matter. She stayed with Song Chen at all times and would even follow her to the toilet. 

Song Chen doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry. She didn't say anything and could only use her action to show that she had no other intention. 

But Du Yu Shu is still very worried. 

Du Yu Shu accompanied Song Chen the entire afternoon. She didn’t sleep the d afraid to take her eyes off of her. Song Chen could only helplessly try to drive her away but Du Yu Shu didn’t budge at all. 

Song Chen’s matter slowly subsided. Because Du Yu Shu had taught the entertainment reporters a lesson and put them in their own place with a few words, coupled with the rapid deletion of the photos, the attention was quickly diverted, allowing the public to think more about the rights of artists. 

Because these nude photos were released on a large scale, in the end, is Song Chen the victim in the situation?

More than one photo was released and had been in the headlines for so long, is the artist a victim?

This issue up till now is still being disputed. 

Song Chen and her company had been silent for an entire day. Song Chen’s face wasn’t even seen. Not only Song Chen, but they also couldn't find Du Yu Shu. Because of Du Yu Shu’s previous lesson, the entertainment reporters remembered to exercise restraint and don’t dare to write anything blindly. In the end, this matter gradually subsided.

“If worst comes to worst, we could go to South Korea and get plastic surgery so no one will recognize you. After that, we can settle abroad somewhere.” They were lying in the bed in the afternoon as Du Yu Shu said this, but Song Chen didn’t speak.

Du Yu Shu began to get worried. 

At 2:30 am, Du Yu Shu received a call from Wang Jie. Song Chen still hasn’t slept. 

“Shu Shu, we found something.” Wang Jie lowly said, “Li Mo Qing originally wanted to release these photos to show that he and Song Chen are in an intimate relationship. Guided by public opinion, he would step up as her savior and let Song Chen quietly and logically withdraw from the entertainment industry and become his wife.”

“But who would’ve thought that it would turn into a sex scandal. It seems like it has something to do with Li Mo Qing’s ex-girlfriend.”

“So?” Du Yu Shu said, “No matter how the photos are released, it makes no difference.”

Wang Jie was left silent for a moment and rubbed her forehead, “We are looking for that girlfriend, but Shu Shu, there is no way to clean up this matter.”

After she finished, Wang Jie hung up. Du Yu Shu sighed and walked into the room.

Song Chen was still quietly lying there. Du Yu Shu hesitated. She doesn’t know how to break this to Song Chen. When Song Chen eventually closed her eyes, she didn’t say anything. 

She found that whether she mention this or not, it will not have any impact on Song Chen.

At this same time, Ye Jing An had also published many posts on Weibo, expressing his trust and support for Du Yu Shu. There are many in the comments calling him fake and pretentious. Some fans even jumped sides. Ye Jing An didn’t care about them at all. In an interview, he even blatantly said, “Heaven’s retribution will one day arrive and will reward and punish those accordingly. You with your malicious speculation, can’t you guys pass on your ethics to your descendants?” 

“Naturally I would support Du Yu Shu, she is my goddess.”

“I believe in her, and Song Chen.”

When he said “her,” Ye Jing An’s voice is deep and low, sounding very ambiguous. Only after ten seconds did he add the last part of the sentence.”

When is the best time to further your feelings?

Perhaps it is at this moment. Even if the world does not trust you, even if the world is not so friendly to you, even though many people question you, he will always be by your side, smiling as he helps you, support you and openly express his support and trust. 

You and he will cross a river in the same boat and stick together in hard times. He will accompany you through thick and thin. 

After watching this short three-minute video a dozen times, Du Yu Shu felt very warm and fuzzy inside. 

A person who would trust you, support you even though he does not understand the truth or is familiar with the person involved but because he believes you, he fully supports you. This is something that could make a person feel warm. 

Du Yu Shu thought so.

Du Yu Shu took a deep breath and softly said, “Ah Chen, I know you’re not asleep.”

“For the people who love you, please give yourself a chance, Ah Chen.”

“The person who leaked the photos isn’t Li Mo Qing.”

Comments

Post a Comment