Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Kiss of Venus: Chapter 43


Yu Wan and her mother took a coach back to C City in the afternoon.

The day is already late. Yu Wan’s mother told her to go look at houses with her grandmother tomorrow morning.

After taking a shower, Yu Wan starts to rummage through her room. She’s been gone for a year now but her room is still cleaned so it isn’t filled with dust.

“Yu Wan, come down and eat some fruits.” Yu Wan’s mother stood in the living room and shouted. Yu Wan turned her head and shouted “Coming” as she continued to search in her drawer.

Yu Wan’s mother heard her movements and walked up a few steps of stairs, “What are you looking for? As soon as you came back, you made a mess.”

“It’s nothing, only a notebook from when I was younger. Don’t worry about me, I will clean it up later.” Yu Wan switched to another drawer and took out all the books in it.

After going through the stack of books, Yu Wan finally found a small notebook sandwiched between two books, “Ah, found it.”

A smile formed on the tip of her lips. She picked up the notebook and sat on her bed. She turned to one of the pages, the words “Yu Wan” were scribbled throughout it.

This was when Li Shen was practicing his autograph. He filled an entire page with her name.

“Hahaha, so silly.” Yu Wan looked at the notebook and couldn’t help but laugh as she reminisces about that time.

Wanwan: Hahaha, look what this is?

Li Shen just came back from his late-night run. He was about to take a shower when he saw the message from Yu Wan. He stared half-naked at his phone and began to text back.

……

Ah Shen: ….Was this from when I was practicing my signature?

Wanwan: Yeah hahaha, so funny, were you going to sign my name for your fans hahaha

……

Ah Shen: …..You already laughed about it before.

Wanwan: But it’s still funny now! hhhhhhh

Ah Shen: You kept it all this time?

Wanwan: I brought it back with me when I was moving back. I didn’t expect it to still be here.

Wanwan: I’m going to buy a frame and hang this up. Hahaha

Ah Shen: …..[smile]

“Wanwan, what are you doing laughing to yourself? Come down and eat some fruits!”

“Oh, coming!” Yu Wan put down her phone and came downstairs. Before going to bed, she bought a photo frame from Taobao and sent it to A City.

The next morning, her mother called her and drove her to her grandmother’s house. The originally small county town has developed a lot in recent years, catching up with the rising property market, and building some new buildings.

Yu Wan’s father screened the houses before and picked out a few. Yu Wan took her grandmother to look at them and settled on them in the morning. After signing the contract with the realtor, Yu Wan’s mother took her grandmother to C City to play for two days.

In the evening, Yu Wan’s father specially came home for dinner. It is rare for the entire family to gather together and have a sumptuous dinner. After eating, Yu Wan's mother started to talk about how Yu Wan needs to need fruits.

She had Yu Wan go to the kitchen to help her cut the fruits. When the two came out of the kitchen with a large plate of fruits, Yu Wan's father and grandmother were sitting on the sofa watching TV.

The TV was turned on to a music program on ABA where Li Shen is singing onstage. Yu Wan’s father saw her come out and asked her, “Wanwan, is this your boyfriend?”

When Yu Wan’s mother heard her say this, she glanced at the TV. Li Shen was still there.

It was the first time that Yu Wan saw Li Shen on TV with her family, so she was a little embarrassed. She picked up a piece of watermelon, took a bite, and responded vaguely, "En."

Yu Wan’s father chuckled, “Is this embarrassing?”

"Cough, Dad, eat fruit. Mom specially cut this apple for you." Yu Wan tried to plug her father's mouth with an apple.

Yu Wan’s father picked up a slice of apple and looked at the TV again, “I think Li Shen sings well. The young girls offstage are excited.”

Her grandmother realized what they were talking about and turned to Yu Wan, looking peasant surprised, “Wanwan, this young man is your boyfriend?”

“En…..”

“Really? Our Wanwan has good eyesight. This young man is so handsome. I like him.”

“Haha.” Yu Wan was happy hearing grandmother praise Li Shen, “Grandma, do you want some apples?”

"Yes, yes," Grandmother took the apple in her hand and asked again, "When are you going to get married?"

“....”

She straightened her lips, “Grandma, Mom doesn’t like him very much.”

Grandma was immediately unhappy, "What's the use if she doesn't like him? I didn't like your dad either. Didn't your mom still marry him?"

“……”

Her father, who was innocently sitting to the side. “....???”

Yu Wan’s mother felt uncomfortable hearing her grandmother say this. She glanced at Yu Wan’s grandmother and complained, “Mom, why are you talking about this?”

"Why can't I say that, I like this young man." Grandmother took Yu Wan's hand and asked her with a smile, "When will you bring the real person back for me to see?"

“During the New Year?”

"Okay, it's settled. You must bring him back for me." Grandmother pulled Yu Wan and laughed from ear to ear. "The marriage should be settled sooner. I am getting older. I still have to watch you marry."

"Grandma, what else are you talking about? You will live a long life!" Yu Wan said and feed her a small piece of apple, "Grandma, eat some fruit."

“Good." Her grandmother did not forget to tell her while eating, "Remember to bring him back for me to see."

“I know, I know.”

Yu Wan stayed at home for two nights. The next morning, she naturally woke up and heat up the tangyuan her grandmother made for her. Before she could take two bites, the phone rang.

She bit the spoon and picked up the phone. It was Tan Ping calling.

Yu Wan suddenly felt that something might have happened with the wedding. As expected, as soon as the phone was connected, Tan Ping anxiously sounded from the phone, “Miss Yu, we want to hold the wedding one month in advance.”

“……”

"..." Yu Wan put down the spoon in her hand and walked to the window, "Miss Tan, don't worry, what happened?"

"My grandfather was hospitalized suddenly last night and almost entered ICU. Our family discussed it a bit. We’re afraid that he won’t make it, so we want to speed up the wedding."

Yu Wan groaned and said, “"I will deal with it right away, and get back to you later, okay?"

“Okay, thanks for your hard work.”

Yu Wan smiled and replied with a “No trouble.” After she hung up, her face turned bitter. She hurriedly went back upstairs and came back down with her bag, “Mom, grandma, I have something to do at the company. I will leave first.”

Yu Wan’s mother was taken aback by her announcement and looked at her with dissatisfaction, “What happened? Didn’t you ask for three days off? You’re only back for two days.”

“There’s nothing I can do about it. The client wants to push up the wedding. The plans need to be revised.” Yu Wan said while she changed her shoes, “You can send the fruit over for me. I am going directly to the company so it’s inconvenient for me to carry it.”

Yu Wan’s mother gave a tut and grumbled about wanting her to stay. Grandmother also stood up and said, “Wanwan, you should eat breakfast first before you go.”

“It’s fine Grandma. I will eat on the way.” She opened the door, threw her bag over her shoulders, and smiled at her grandma, "Next time I come back, I will bring Li Shen back for you."

Speaking of Li Shen, my grandmother was finally happy again: "Good, be careful on the road."

"I know. Bye-bye, Grandma. Mom, I'm leaving, help me tell Dad." After Yu Wan said this, she called a car and hurried to the bus terminal.

After getting on the bus, she sent a red envelope to the “Li Rui and Tan Ping 1001 Wedding Team” group chat followed by a crying emoji.

Planner Yu Wan: Teachers, Tan Ping and Li Rui’s wedding will be pushed forward. Can you arrange the time?

Photographer Zhu Yang:? Why all of a sudden

Lighting Liu Jianguo: The bride must have won the bid

Planner Yu Wan: No, it's because the bride's grandfather's physical condition suddenly deteriorated, and he almost entered ICU last night.

Hotel Manager Zhou Xiaoning: Sister, how far long in advance? [covers face]

Planner Yu Wan: I just talked to the newlyweds and finally decided on September 3rd.

Hotel Manager Zhou Xiaoning: There will be three weddings being held that day in our hotel [covers face] The banquet halls have been booked [covers face] There are two smaller banquet halls left but it won’t be to your satisfaction [covers face] There is still the lawn

Planner Yu Wan: Is it possible to hold a Chinese wedding on a lawn? I can already see the groom’s mother screaming [covers face]

Hotel Manager Zhou Xiaoning: Hurry up and decide whether you want it or not. I’m telling you, the lawn will be gone soon. [cover face]

Planner Yu Wan: Hold the lawn for me, I will contact them immediately


Host Zeng Kai: I have another wedding booked for September 3rd [covers face]

Planner Yu Wan: [covers face] How about everyone else?

Videographer Yuan Ye: I can make it that day

Makeup Artist: Me too

Planner Yu Wan: @GracefulFlorals-XuYi? @DessertTable-TangMi ?[covers face]

Graceful Florals Xu Yi: I can make it. But the flower season in September and October are different so the prices of some types are different too.

Planner Yu Wan: Okay, as long as we can get it done in time, the price can be discussed [covers face]

Dessert Table Tang Mi: That day works for me. The dessert counter has already been ordered _(:з∠)_ As long as we work overtime, we can get it done by then

Planner Yu Wan: Okay [finger heart]

After discussing with everyone, Yu Wan sent another big red envelope.

Hotel Manager Zhou Xiaoning: @Planner-YuWan, the beginning of September is when there is a lot of rain. I remember that it rains on those days every year. If you plan on holding the wedding outside, you should keep that it might rain.

Planner Yu Wan: [Stares Blankly]

Yu Wan sighed. She first confirmed everyone's availability, and then called Tan Ping, "Miss Tan, are you still in the hospital?"

“En, I’m with my grandpa. Li Rui is here too.”

“Okay. I am on my way back now. I’ll be back in no more than two hours. I have confirmed everyone’s availability for that day. It is mainly the host who has another wedding scheduled.”

“……”

"Ah... I kind of like that host."

"He said he will help contact his junior brother. I have a few videos hosted by him. I will send it to your email later. You can check it out first."

“Okay.”

“The other thing is, the wedding might have to be changed to outdoors. Does that work for you?”

"Yes, the situation now is unusual, everyone should have no opinion."

"That's good, in order to deal with the rain, my plan will be revised. I will show it to you in the hospital."

“Okay.”

Comments

  1. Wow welcome back... Ty for updating this novel again😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment