Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Kiss of Venus: Chapter 42


Yu Wan and Li Shen went upstairs to face Yu Wan's mother.

Yu Wan’s mother was sitting on the sofa eating the fruit Li Shen cut. Seeing the two coming in together, she wanted to say something when she saw Yu Wan’s bitten lips.

Li Shen’s lips were still dyed with Yu Wan’s lipstick. The two felt uncomfortable under her gaze.

Yu Wan’s mother put down the fruit in her hand and scoffed, “Young people nowadays sure are burning with fire.”

Yu Wan unconsciously blocked her mouth with the back of her hand and coughed, “Mom, why did you suddenly come?”

Yu Wan’s mother sneered, “If I didn’t come would I know what is going on? When did you two start living together?”

“We’re not.” Li Shen hurriedly interjected, “I live in the villa next door so I would occasionally come by.”

Yu Wan’s mother’s lips twitched as if she didn’t believe him. She stood up, walked to the balcony, and looked in the direction Li Shen pointed to, “Oh, it really is a villa.”

She turned around and looked at Yu Wan, “Yu Wan, did you know he was living here and especially bought a place next to him?”

“No, it really was a coincidence. I only found out after I moved in.”

Yu Wan’s mother didn’t say anything and turned around the admire the view of the villa, “That’s Li Shen’s house?”

“En.” Li Shen walked to her side and nodded, “Auntie, do you want to go over and take a look?”

“No, I don’t like dogs.” In the garden is a curious-looking Shiba Inu “That’s your dog?”

“En.”

“She’s eating your flower.”


“.....”

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked over at the garden. Sure enough, Lili is stopping on the flower pot and biting off the flower. Yu Wan went over and asked with some worry, “Are those flowers edible? Wouldn’t Lili get a stomach ache after eating it?”

Li Shen stated, “Don’t worry, she won’t eat anything that’s not delicious.

Before he even finished speaking, Lili threw up the flower she was eating and stepped on the flower pot again.

Yu Wan’s mother chimed, “This is why I don’t like raising pets.”


“……”


“....” Li Shen felt that Lili does need a good spanking. He turned to Yu Wan and her mother and smiled, “It’s still early. Why don’t we go out for dinner?”

Yu Wan’s mother looked at him, “You’re a celebrity, is it convenient to go out to eat?”

“Yes.” Li Shen gave her his million-dollar smile, “Does Auntie like western or Chinese cuisine? If you like western cuisine, we can go to Yu’s restaurant but if you want Chinese cuisine, we can go to Tian Xia.”

Yu Wan’s mother replied, “Chinese cuisine then.”

“Ok, I’ll drive.” He turned to Yu Wan, “I’ll go get the car. You wait for me downstairs.”

“Ok.” Yu Wan sent him out and looked back at her mother in displeasure, “Mom, can you tell me in advance the next time you come?”

“Why you didn’t do anything wrong, why are you afraid of me coming over?” Yu Wan’s mother said, “I really didn’t expect you to get back together with Li Shen. I always thought there was something going on between you and that President Wei.”


“……”


“....Mom, stop speaking nonsense. President Wei and I are merely in a boss/employee relationship.”

“I don’t think his intentions towards you are that innocent.”

Yu Wan thought of her conversation with Wei Shao during the car accident and frowned, “Don’t think about it anymore. I have already reconciled with Li Shen. No matter what you say now it will all be useless.”

Yu Wan’s mother snorted, “You’ve already spread your wings. No matter what I say, will you even listen?” She paused, “Forget it, let’s go eat dinner. I still need to talk to Li Shen later.”

Yu Wan was a little anxious when she heard this, “What do you want to talk to him about?”

“What else can we talk about? It’s you of course.”


Tian Xia Restaurant is near Starlight Plaza and is still some distance away from Lize Park. Li Shen called in advance to book a VIP room and ordered a few signature dishes before driving over.

When they got out of the car, Yu Wan’s mother saw him put on a hat and mask and couldn’t help but smirk at Yu Wan, “Are you always like this when you go on a date?”

“Mom, this is how celebrities usually go out. Also, we are usually very busy at work so we usually have date nights at home.”

“Oh, what do you usually do at home?” Yu Wan’s mother sneered.


“.....”

Why is it that the colder her mother’s smile is, the redder her face gets?

Li Shen coughed, “Usually we cook together, walk the dog and sometimes watch movies.”

Yu Wan’s mother glanced at them and didn’t say a word. They could find time to kiss under her nose, who knows what else they can do while she’s away, hehe.

After arriving in the private room, Li Shen took off his hat and mask. He graciously passes the menu to Yu Wan’s mother, “Auntie, I have ordered a few dishes before arriving. See if there is anything else you want to add.”

Yu Wan’s mother took the menu and look at the prices. She had come to A City’s Tian Xia Restaurant a few times in the past. The impression she had was it was expensive and the portions were small but the taste was good, “What did you order?”

"I ordered a few signature dishes, as well as Wanwan’s favorite home-style dishes."

Yu Wan’s mother glanced at Yu Wan. He even affectionately calls her Wanwan.

Yu Wan coughed and pointed to the menu, “Mum, don’t you like to eat tofu? You must try the vegetable fried tofu here.”

“Heh.” Yu Wan’s mother ordered two more dishes and have the waiter retire. The dishes Li Shen ordered quickly arrived. He handed Yu Wan’s mother a bowl of egg fried rice and soup. "Auntie, this is Tian Xia Restaurant’s signature egg fried rice, the taste is unique. The soup is also delicious. Have a taste."

“En.” Yu Wan’s mother took a bite. She didn’t comment on the taste but asked him, “Does your company know you and Yu Wan are together?”

Li Shen’s hand which he was using to pick up food for Yu Wan paused. He put down his chopsticks and said, “I haven’t told the company yet. You are right, the company doesn’t support their artists being in a relationship. But the company can’t really manage much of an artist’s affairs when they have high achievements. I will release an album next month, followed by a concert. If all goes well, I will win a few more notable awards this year. Then, when I tell the company, they will not object to it.”

Yu Wan’s mother stayed silent for a moment, “Even if the company won’t meddle in your relationship, will your fans support it? I know that fangirls these days can be quite intense. It will be very stressful if Yu Wan stays with you.”

Before Li Shen could speak, Yu Wan piped up, “Mom, I’m already an adult. I made the decision to be with him so I have mentally prepared. Also, fans only make trouble on the Internet. If I cut myself off from it, everything will be quiet. Besides, not all fans will object to it. You see many celebrities date and get married, but nothing has happened to them.”

"I think you have a big heart." Yu Wan's mother sighed, "Little girls these days can be crazy, maybe they will kill you at your door."

“Auntie don’t worry. Whether it is online or in the real world, I will protect Yu Wan.” Li Shen looked at Yu Wan’s mother and promised, “I am different from how I was three years ago. Now I have the ability to protect Yu Wan.”

Yu Wan's mother didn't answer right away. She took a sip of the soup before she said, "I have reservations about the two of you. We’ll talk about this later when I observe you more."

Li Shen added, “Auntie, I am serious about Yu Wan. I want to marry her.”

Yu Wan’s ears tinge red. She also picked up some food for Li Shen, “Let’s eat first or it won’t taste good when it gets cold.”

"Yeah." Li Shen smiled, scooped up a spoonful of the soup, and lift it to Yu Wan's mouth, "Yu Wan, this fish soup is really delicious, try it."

Yu Wan lowered her head and had a taste. It indeed is very delicious. Although the food at Tian Xia Restaurant is expensive, even the accompanying soup for the egg fried rice is so exquisite it is worth the price.

Yu Wan’s mother gave them a blank look, “What are you two doing? You’re already adult and still need to be fed. You each eat your own.”

Yu Wan curled her lips and took the bowl in Li Shen’s hand.

After dinner, Li Shen wanted to take them to Starlight Plaza for a stroll. However, Yu Wan’s mother said she was a little tired from traveling on the road today so he sent them directly home,

When Yu Wan came out of the shower, she saw her mother standing on the balcony. She wrapped her hair and walked over, “Mom, you’re not sleeping yet?”

“I’ll sleep later, Li Shen’s yard is very nice.”

“Yes, the lights change color too.”

Yu Wan’s mother turned to look at her, “I hear Li Shen was a soldier for two years?”

“En.”

“No wonder.” Yu Wan’s mother muttered, “It’s tough being a soldier.”

When she saw Li Shen at the dinner table today, there was a sense of firmness and unwillingness. He is totally different from the boy she saw in the photo three years ago.

Yu Wan was also lost in thought but was shaken awake by her mother’s voice.

"Yu Wan, ask your company for leave tomorrow and go back to your hometown with me for a few days. You have to go back personally to deal with grandma’s affairs." This is why she came to see Yu Wan.

Yu Wan asked, “What’s wrong with grandma’s house? Dad said something about it on the phone but it wasn’t clear.”

Yu Wan’s mother gave her a blank look, “Did your father not make it clear? He only said a few words before you hung up.”


“……”


“.....I was in a hurry to a meeting.”

“Okay, you’re busy.” Yu Wan’s mother is too lazy to continue to talk about this, “You’re grandmother is old and she is still living in the old house the county. It is somewhat inconvenient. Your father and I want to bring her over to live with us but she doesn’t want to. Those relatives in the hometown came to us and say since we are so rich, we should buy a house in the county for your grandma.”
ccc
Yu Wan nodded while listening. Grandma lives in a county-level city below C City. The economy is not as developed and the housing price is not as high as C City, "Then buy a house for grandma."

Although the words of her relatives are disgusting, her grandmother is getting old. Among other things, there is no elevator in the old house and it is inconvenient for her to take the stairs.

Yu Wan’s mother continued, “Your father and I also think about buying your grandma a house but do you know what those relatives are thinking? They point to us to buy the house for your grandma and wait two years for her to pass before dividing the house among themselves. Heh, they really think our Old Yu couldn’t see through their thoughts.”

Yu Wan was stunned, she really didn't expect them to have this kind of thought.

“So I discussed with your father to write your name for your grandma’s house. When your grandma really passes in the future, they won’t get a single square meter of the house.”

“Oh, so it’s like this. That's fine too.”

“But you have to go back and do some of the procedures in person. Your father has looked at some houses. Accompany your grandma to take a look and see what she likes.”

“Okay.” Yu Wan thought. “I can get a three-day leave.”

Yu Wan's mother changed her face when she heard she could only get three days, "After finally returning home, you can only ask for three days off? No matter what, you have to stay for a week."

“A week is impossible. I still have a million-dollar wedding in my hands.”

Yu Wan’s mother was surprised. She muttered, “Wow, you are sounded more and more like Old Yu.”


“……”


“......I am not bragging. Their budget in the millions. What can I do, stop them from getting married?”

Yu Wan's mother asked, "How did you make these millions of weddings?"

“What is a few million. I have even done a ten million dollar wedding before. The budget includes all the expenses. It’s not like it is all for our company. The bridal bouquet is around ten thousand dollars, of course, the cost will reach the millions.”

Yu Wan's mother shook her head and went back to her room. "Anyway, tomorrow go to your company and ask for leave. This matter can't be delayed."

“I know.”
“A”
After the meeting the next morning, Yu Wan went to Wei Shao to ask for leave. Wei Shao readily granted her a three-day leave and asked, "When are you leaving? Auntie finally came to A City. I should invite her to a meal before leaving."

"No, no." Yu Wan quickly refused, "I’m going back with my mother this afternoon. I'll talk to you about it the next time I have a chance."

Wei Shao’s eyes sank. He nodded and smiled, “Ok.”

“Thank you President Wei for the leave of absence.” Yu Wan picked up the release slip Wei Shao signed and smiled as she walked out.

After she returned to her office, she handed over the rest of her work to others before she sent a message to Tan Ping, “Miss Tan, I have to go back to my hometown for three days. If there is anything during this period, you can contact me at any time."

Tan Ping: Okay.


After she received Tan Ping’s reply, Yu Wan sent another message to Li Shen, “I have to go back to my hometown for three days. I’ll call you when I get back. [FingerHeart.jpg]”

Li Shen had been rehearsing for his concert. He only saw Yu Wan’s message halfway through his break. He frowned and walked to the corner to call Yu Wan, “Wanwan, what’s wrong? Did something happen in your family?”

Yu Wan was still at the company. She smiled and said, “No, I just need to go back and buy a house for my grandma. Because they wrote my name, I have to personally go back.”

“Oh, okay. Be safe on the road.” Li Shen paused and continued, “I’ll wait for you to come back.”

It was only a few simple words but Yu Wan was still entranced by it. She remembered the clothes and condoms that were messily stuffed in her closet and blushed, “En.”


Comments