Disclaimer

All work done on this blog is fan translations. The original content belongs to the original owner. Please support the original owners/authors by purchasing their work. Please do not take anything from this site without the approval of the blog authors.

Kiss of Venus: Chapter 41


Li Shen’s day was the same as usual. After singing in the bar, he returned home after two o'clock in the morning.

As soon as he opened the door, he saw his suitcase at the front of the door and Yu Wan, still not asleep, sitting on the sofa.

Li Shen looked at her blankly and asked, “Wanwan, what is it?”

Yu Wan turned to him and expressionlessly uttered, “Li Shen, let’s break up.”

Li Shen seemed to be unable to comprehend what she said. He was left stunned. After a while, he pursed the corners of his lips, and forced out a smile, "Wanwan, are you hungry?"

When Yu Wan is hungry, she will be in a bad mood. Li Shen walked to the fridge and open it. “There is still a bag of hotpot in the fridge. I can cook it for you.”

"Li Shen, I said let's break up." Yu Wan stood up and looked at him. The hand holding the hot pot packet paused. Li Shen straightened up and turned around to look at Yu Wan.

The smile still hanging around the corner of the mouth looks particularly bitter at the moment. Those beautiful black eyes are filled with water as if tears will flow in the next moment, "Why?"

When he walked out today, everything was obviously fine.

Yu Wan turned her head away as if to avoid his gaze. “My mother came today. She wants me to go back to C City. I thought about it the entire night and felt that what she said was right. We are squeezed in a small room no more than ten square meters for what? I don't want to live this kind of life anymore, I want to go back to C City to develop."

Li Shen’s eyes moved and took a step in her direction, “But we won’t always be like this. I will sign a contract with a company soon and you will also find a job. Why must we break up? Where is your mother? I'll talk to her. "

“What are you going to say to her? My mother already knows we are living together. When she sees you, I’m afraid she will only want to break your leg.” Yu Wan walked over and pushed Li Shen’s suitcase in front of him, “I have packed your luggage. I will return to C City with my mother tomorrow and I will return the room. You can find a hotel to stay at for the night.”

Li Shen balled his hands to a fist and looked at her with red eyes. He tried to suppress his emotions as he spoke in a begging tone, “Wanwan, don’t break up with me okay? Didn’t we say that we will get married after I graduate? I already told my mother I will be bringing you back to meet her in the New Year.”

Yu Wan sniffed and held back the tears that filled the corners of her eyes, "Li Shen, wake up. How can we get married when our life is like this?"

Li Shen grasps the corner of her clothes, “Wanwan, I haven’t paid off the money I owe you. I even stamped it with my fingerprint.”

Yu Wan turned around and walked to the drawer. She took out the IOU that Li Shen had signed and tore it in half: "No need to pay it back, this IOU is invalid."

“Wanwan…..”

Li Shen looked at the torn IOU with tears in his eyes. Yu Wan opened the door, took his suitcase out, then pushed him out. “Let’s do it this way. Breaking up is good for us. I’m tired and I want to go home. If you stay in A City, you will have many more opportunities. You will definitely become famous in the future.”

"I don't want to be famous, I just want to be with you!" Li Shen frantically yelled.

"Li Shen, don't be so naive!" After Yu Wan said this, she closed the door and locked it inside.

After she closed the door, Yu Wan couldn’t hold back the tears she was suppressing. When she heard Li Shen knocking on the door and calling her name, her emotions broke down.

This community is very old. There is no property management and only a guard at the entrance. Li Shen’s action has already awakened many neighbors. In the end, someone called the police and dragged Li Shen away.

Yu Wan watched through the window as Li Shen was taken into the police car. Yu Wan packed her luggage as she cried and went to the hotel her mother was staying at.

She couldn’t stay here anymore. Li Shen’s lingering presence is everywhere and she can’t breathe. She didn’t want to drive Li Shen away like this but if she wasn’t cruel, she couldn’t break up with him.

That night, as soon as she arrived at the hotel, it started to rain heavily. She didn’t know that after Li Shen left the police station, he stood downstairs of her apartment the entire night.

That is the first time Li Shen felt such deep heartache. The rain poured over him but he didn’t feel it at all. Only the severe pain in his heart made him feel that he could die at any moment but also sobered him up.

That day, he also realized that no matter how cold a person’s heart is, the tears flowing are hot.

Right now, that feeling is once again eating away at his heart bit by bit. Li Shen stared at Yu Wan’s mother in front of him and exhaled.

He won’t let what happened three years ago to happen again. This time, no matter what her mother says, he won’t let go of her.

“When did you and Yu Wan get back together?” Yu Wan’s mother was completely calm; she wasn’t the least bit surprised by the current situation. Maybe she already knew this was going to happen that year when Yu Wan appeared at the hotel bawling her eyes out.

“On Yu Wan’s birthday.”

Yu Wan scoffed. No wonder no one answered when she called Yu Wan that day. It turns out she was with her boyfriend. “That’s been more than a month. Your current management company doesn’t object to your dating?”

Li Shen frowned, “What do you mean?”

“Are you still acting dumb? Don’t these management companies usually oppose celebrities dating? Didn’t the company you originally want to sign with chose not to sign you because you and Yu Wan are together?”

Li Shen’s eyes sank, “Auntie, where did you hear this story from?”

“I asked a friend and found out.” Yu Wan’s mother felt it was uncomfortable, after all, it was a private investigation on someone’s personal matters. However, she still kept a calm expression, “What, you were living with my daughter at the time, I couldn’t investigate you? It’s good enough I didn’t break your leg. If Yu Wan’s father were here, he will definitely beat you up.”

Li Shen's heart started beating rapidly. He took a deep breath and asked Yu Wan's mother, "Auntie, have you told Yu Wan about this?"

“Yes. I talked about it clearly with her. If you two stayed together then, it would bring you both down.”

Li Shen felt as if someone was twisting his heart. He suddenly felt like he couldn’t breathe. He turned around and quickly walked to the door, “Auntie, I’m sorry. I need to step out for a moment.”

"Eh, where are you going? I haven't finished talking!" Yu Wan's mother stood up, trying to stop Li Shen, but he already opened the door and went out.

Once Li Shen got out of the elevator, he called Yu Wan’s number. Yu Wan was rushing her way home. When she saw Li Shen calling, she immediately answered, “What is it? Did my mother say something again?”

Li Shen’s voice is tense, “Yu Wan, let me ask you. Why did you break up with me last time?”

“Why are you asking this again?”

Li Shen walked downstairs. He squeezed the phone in his hand, and exhaled, "Did you know that Shuncheng didn't want to sign a contract with me at that time because I was dating you?"

Yu Wan pursed her lips and didn’t say anything. It must be her mother who said something to Li Shen.

Li Shen didn’t force her to answer. He took a deep breath again and calmed down, “Are you still driving?”

“En, I’m by Lize Park’s west entrance.”

“Ok, I will wait for you downstairs.”

After Yu Wan parked her car in the underground garage, she took the elevator directly to the first floor. When the elevator door open, Li Shen was standing in front of it, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

His expression looks bad and his lips were pulled to a straight line. After he saw her, he stood up straight and silently stared at her.

Yu Wan walked out of the elevator with her car key in hand. “Li Shen.”

Li Shen’s lips moved but he seemed to be trying to endure. After a while, he asked the same question he asked on the phone earlier, "Did you know that Shuncheng didn't want to sign a contract with me at that time because I was dating you?"

Yu Wan pursed her lips and nodded, “En, my mother told me.”

Li Shen laughed, his eyes reddened again, "So you decided to break up with me?"

“It’s not entirely……” Yu Wan’s hand tightened, “I also received an invitation from President Wei at the time to go to his company.”

After returning to C City, she didn’t go to work at the financial company her mother arranged for her and instead went to Wei Shao’s company. Although her mother did not agree with her decision, she did not interfere with her.

“Cheif Wei? Is it Wei Shao?”

“En...I was hesitant to go at the time. His company has great potential but is located at C City.” Yu Wan didn’t say if it weren’t for her mother, she would’ve rejected his offer.

Li Shen turned his head away. After a while, he looked at Yu Wan and said, "Yu Wan, I didn't need you to do this kind of thing. I already rejected them."

“.....And then? Are you going to keep rejecting companies like this?” Yu Wan sighed, “Also, it wasn’t entirely because of you.”

“You know in your heart if this hadn’t happened, would you have broken up with me so resolutely?” Li Shen said. Just like three years ago, tears were about to fall again. “Did you know how I was doing in my two years in the army?”

Yu Wan’s eyes reddened. Just as she was about to speak, Li Shen suddenly kissed her. This kiss was the strongest since they got back together. He seemed to put all of his resentment and grievance into this kiss and spread it to Yu Wan bit by bit.

Yu Wan's lips were bitten until blood spilled. The faint smell of blood tangled between their lips and teeth seemed to make Li Shen even crazier.

Because Li Shen often runs, his lung capacity is strong. Yu Wan couldn’t stand his offenses at all. In the end, it was the phone call from Yu Wan’s mother that broke the spell between the two.

“Yu Wan, when are you coming back? Also, that Li Shen. I don’t know where he ran off to. Did he got scared off by me? Is he even a man?

“.....”

She just experienced how manly he was.

Comments

  1. Finally u'r back... Tysm ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this gem ๐Ÿ˜. Totally falling for the novel. All i want to do first is thanking you to translating this wonderful lovely read for us.
    And .... cant wait for the next chappie.
    I truly hope, they wont easily break by anyone again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment